Tuesday, May 11th Daily Text - The nerve!!!

by Girlie 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logic
    logic

Outlaw, I love the way you express how I feel.

• Hadit
    Hadit

What scriptural teaching? Their interpretation and twisting of scripture?

“the faithful and discreet slave” is dispensing excellent spiritual food. Says who?? Says the self-appointed replacement of Christ on earth.

They are very condescending in their tone - it sounds like they are giving counsel to a five year old. "By eating too much cotton candy, your tummy will get sick." They spoon feed (force feed) people exactly what Outlaw said.

Scarred for life: Exactly - you don't even know what spirituality is UNTIL you leave and can find your own. They are a modern day Sanhedrin forcing old covenant rules down everyone's throat.

• AudeSapere
  • Dagney
    Dagney

What Outlaw said.

**sigh**

• Inkie
    Inkie

Apparently, the daily text is quoting from John 6:66 where it states:

66 After this, many of His disciples drew back (returned to their old associations) and no longer accompanied Him.--The Applified Bible.

This is in reference to disciples of Christ who became offended at some of His statements about eating his flesh and drinking his blood such that they abandoned him. I should think that indeed these disciples who left the Christ did indeed lose their spirituality and any other benefit they once had when walking with the Christ. I do not see anything wrong with this understanding.

Unfortunately, the Society is applying it--eronneously--to people who leave the Watchtower Society. You may want to read the entire 6th chapter to get the proper context of verse 66.

• man in black
    man in black

Arrogant SOB's !

sound like they are reinforcing the general thought pattern of their latest interpretation of the generation .

• tec
    tec

This entire article :

Cutting off association with the WT is not equivalent to cutting off association with Christ. I found spirituality and joy when I put my faith in Christ, alone. A 'who' to turn to, and not a 'where'.

Tammy

• agonus
    agonus

"By cutting off association..."

Um, guys? It's YOU who "cut off association". Remember? It's called "shunning"?

• agonus
    agonus

(Yakov Smirnoff voice)

"In Christianity, others shun you. In Watchtower, YOU shun OTHERS!"

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Some may have left God’s flock because they did not agree with some Scriptural teaching.

Don't speak for me! Bunch of cultists!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit