Something Mary Wrote

by snowbird 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover
    I think the Flag Salute is a very troubling ceremony even though I'm not a JW. Something about it is unnatural.
    It strikes me as coercive indoctrination.

I agree. This is one area where I support the JWs/WTS in regards to their rights to not pledge allegiance... of course the JWs have their own selfish interests at stake. Where I differ from the cult is that I still respect the flag. Even if I don't pledge allegiance, I will stand, remove my hat and face the flag...of any nation. I won't worship it...or the government that flies it, but I will show respect.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks for all the replies.

This is a great group of people.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Is Louisiana considered "the South"?

Yes, it is, Palmy.

Sylvia

• peaches
    peaches

snowbird...if it is safe for you to do say so,,,,where do you live exactly...thanks...peaches

• snowbird
    snowbird

I live in southwest Alabama.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

You have my condolences.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Oh, I was bullied all through school. Sometimes, I think the girls are worse than the boys. They don't pick physical fights with you, but, little by little, they pick apart your self-esteem. I'm so glad I'm out of school. And I feel bad for kids who are bullied. If I had to go to work everyday and have someone make a rude comment about my appearance or push me around, I would start looking for another job. But, kids still have to go to school.

And as far as growing up a Witness in school. I was picked on for that too. Some mean girls saw me out in service. Monday, back at school was fun. And it's worse, when you had another weird Witness in your class whose mother was unbalanced. One time she wrote a note to have me and her son excused from a class. She wasn't my mother. She wouldn't let her son participate in some things that even as a Witness he could. And since, I participated, this led to a lot of confusion. Well, more bad memories are coming back,ugh.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Oh, I was bullied all through school. Sometimes, I think the girls are worse than the boys. They don't pick physical fights with you, but, little by little, they pick apart your self-esteem. I'm so glad I'm out of school. And I feel bad for kids who are bullied. If I had to go to work everyday and have someone make a rude comment about my appearance or push me around, I would start looking for another job. But, kids still have to go to school.

There was a girl in the 6th grade that was a real bitch to me. She would grab my basketball every day on the court at recess, and throw it down the hill making me run and get it. Then she would smile and laugh. Arggggggg!!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    She would grab my basketball every day on the court at recess, and throw it down the hill making me run and get it.

She was smitten by you, dummy.

Sheesh!

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

No, she was just incredibly mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit