Something Mary Wrote

by snowbird 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird
    What is what? I don't know what you are asking...

What accounts for the downright fellow feeling displayed by so many down here, including kids.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've been sick at heart since reading Mary's account.

How could a child be do downright mean?

Sylvia

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

What accounts for the downright fellow feeling displayed by so many down here, including kids.

So, I've been all over the world and you see the same thing everywhere. People are people.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, but some people are more people than others!

Sylvia

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

How could a child be do downrightmean?

Because kids are mean. Just like any other mammal, they torment any that are different.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Yes, but some people are more people than others!

That's true of people everywhere. The species (inasmuch as we are all the same species, whatever that means) follows a bell curve. Most are in the middle but some fall on either end, too nice or too mean. Kids being mean is right in the middle.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

No, Dear Sylvie, the fact is that kids (as peers) are going to get away with saying horrible things to each other whether the teachers know about it or not.

I was bullied by the classroom kids for being a JW, too... I was told by one of them, "Jehovah is god's name, and you are a disgrace to him." I still to this day (as a mostly reasoning adult) can't believe this came out of the mouth of such a pretty little girl.

And yes, that was in the South.

Love,
    Baba.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mercy, Baba!

Thanks for your observations.

Sylvia

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Wasn't it Southerners who were pretty damn nasty during desegregation...and other Civil Rights issues?

Actually, dear Undercover (peace to you!), Dr. Martin Luther King, comparing what he had seen in the South to the the racism he personally witnessed and was victim to during his visit to Chicago in August 1996 stated that although he had seen a LOT of hatred and racism in the south, "nothing there compared" to what he saw... and experienced... "in the north."

The good citizens of the good 'ol U.S. of A. have quite a few things "backward."

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've been to the North and East, but I prefer the South.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit