, Jehovah's Witnesses" jewelry/keychains

by brizzzy 42 Replies latest jw friends

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Right, Dissed, that's what I was trying to express. Personal reasons, not as a teaching aid for others. It's not as if I believe in pepper-spraying JWs at the door or anything

HappyDad, I've worked under-the-table since I was 10 years old, and my mother obtained a work permit for me at age 12 so that I could work evenings full-time (in addition to school) and support my family, so that she wouldn't have to get a job, and could stay in her room all day and hate the world. Upon graduation, I immediately went to work THREE jobs at once, all to support my mother and little sister (who turns 24 today, doesn't speak to me, and is wasting her life on a religion that views her as inferior and subhuman).

I'm 25 years old and have 12 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, more work experience than many college-educated adults with the same job as me. Again, not the worst or most harrowing backstory out of all the posters here, but let's not pretend I ever had much time for any sort of childhood to speak of. I think you're probably a very nice person and mean well, but respectfully, I don't appreciate strangers lecturing me on responsibility. Quite frankly, I don't feel that mining the humor in a sentiment most of us have felt at one point or another (eff those JWs!) has any bearing on my maturity, adulthood, or responsibility level. I'd rather laugh than cry. Simple as that.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Brizzzy, I'm right there with you! (I'm 41)

• Violia
    Violia

Billy Joel said it best in his song " I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints..."

V

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    brizzy wrote: So, I can't believe nobody's come up with the idea of apostate jewelry before now

Actually, the idea was tossed around a few years ago but I don't remember actually seeing anything actually produced.

This idea from Rebel8:

Get a tie tack with the old wt logo. If they ask about it, say it's the original wt logo. You probably wouldn't get dfd but they would think you lost your marbles (not that marbles are a job requirement). I've always thought of making a few of these and selling them. :D

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/183320/1/What-do-you-need-to-do-to-get-FIRED-around-here

And this thread by frankiespeaking also had a few ideas: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/92918/1/Idea-on-How-Defectors-Inside-theOrganization-Can-Find-Each-Other-espionage

These ideas were not so 'in your face' and were to serve a different purpose, but it's in the same general vein.

There are other ideas presented at CafePress (http://shop.cafepress.com/xjw ). Search for the following words: JWN, JWD, Apostate, Jehovah, xjw.

[All those "I Love Jehovah" mugs make me cringe, though]

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I think the FUJW concept is best as a sort of 'private joke'.

Like an uncle buying a trinket for a nephew that has recently left (as noted above).

I get the 'joke' but agree that it would not make a good teaching opportunity or encourage others to leave. More just as a token of understanding.

-Aude.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I going to buy one and I'm a grown mature woman of 44 soon to be 45 on June 1st. Do I care if someone has a problem with it? Nope. I'm buying it for me.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

You can meet some pretty strong people here. Brizzzy, keep being strong!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I love the pendant that shows two JW's walking up to a khall, I think, with the letters FUJW on it. It's not in your face big at all. You have to look closer at it to see what it says. I like it and am going to buy one. It's oval and tastefully done.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Yeah, I like that one too, it has a very WWJD vibe to it...maybe I'll get that one instead. Agh, choices.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi Brizzy. I apologize that I haven't read your story, I just got an overview from it on this thread. What you have gone through is horrible, but you sound strong.

It is my observation that so many of us who leave go through stages. It isn't my place to judge, or even to imply anything. If you want to wear jewlery like this, I say, go girl!

I hope that the angry part is a stage, however long it lasts, because there is a lot to life that you can experience after you deal with the issues of being raised as a JW and of course, the molestation.

I get why you want to wear the jewlery.

You sound pretty cool. I wish you the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit