, Jehovah's Witnesses" jewelry/keychains

by brizzzy 42 Replies latest jw friends

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

So, I can't believe nobody's come up with the idea of apostate jewelry before now, because I think it's brilliant:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/45746677/fujw-reversible-jehovahs-witness

Kyria's a friend of mine on Facebook, and the author of "I'm Perfect, You're Doomed". I just picked up one of the pendants to add to my charm bracelet. She totally should expand into stuff like doormats and door knockers, don't you think?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Whatever floats your boat......

• Violia
    Violia

lol love it.

• Violia
    Violia

I just ordered the book at the nice price from amazon. Now that is a book that I'd like to "place" with householders. She should get that in a paperback cheap enough for it to be given out.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooooh goody...

So much potential, so little time...

I would love to see:

Inexpensive tracts printed up, based on themes and using old Witness literature to illustrate their doctrinal flip-flops... Some of the themes I'd like to see would be:

1. WTBTS' stance on organ transplants - one side has WTBTS' literature declaring it to be "Cannibalism!" and the other side stating it was "up to the individual's conscience"...

2. WTBTS' stance on people of color - and I state that because of the fairly recent thread on old - and extremely condescending and bizarre WTBTS' attitudes towards people of color.... I'd like to see that in Spanish, French (many citizens of nations in Africa also speak French, esp. north Africa), and whatever languages are quite common in the poorest areas of Africa...

3. Vicious, murderous comments about disfellowshipped and disassociated JWs... Especially helpful if you're talking to a worldly person or JW apologist...

4. A Malawi political card and articles from the WTBTS at the height of the Malawi persecution... Ditto with Rutherford's attempts to cozy up to Hitler and his subsequent change of face...

If it was possible to condense some of the above into two-sided (dare I say two-faced?? ) keychains, I'd like to see that too...

That whole F*CK JWs!! is a juvenile waste of breath when we could do some REAL damage with their own (flip-floppin'...) words...

Zid

• minimus
    minimus

I'll bet Kyria can get into legal trouble for copying that from the Watchtower.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I agree that all of the above is important.

But I also have no problem with the juvenile "Fuck JWs!" bit, because frankly: I'm a bit angry, it's the way I feel, and if glancing at an "FUJWs!" charm on my bracelet allows a quick vent for my anger and a laugh, I'm all for it The rest of that is pretty tough to fit on an ornamental piece of jewelry.

And hey, who knows, somebody might see the keychain/pendant and ask "gee, why the hostility towards JWs?" Therefore, opening up further discussion.

• minimus
    minimus

classless, though, imo.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

What about all the JWs who manufacture "Watchtower" jewelry? Isn't that technically copyright infringement?

I wonder if some legal loophole about parody being free game might apply...

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

What can I say? I'm young and classless, too :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit