Hello

by Thor 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Thor
    Thor

My wife and I have been lurking here for almost three years now and finally decided to join!

We were in the borg for over twenty years. We came in together as a couple and we left all together as a family of four. Thank goodness! It has been about three years now and we have been very happy with our decision.

We are not Df'd and did not DA we just quit one day and never went back. Actually we intended to fade slowly but could not stand it any longer.

No big dramatic story here, although we will post more details later.

We have appreciated this site and others as it has helped us through a bit of a strange time. You all are our support group since at 52 & 50 years old we find our selves with very few friends outside of family.

We were the only ones in our extended family that became witnesses and thank goodness we never cut them off and they all accept us and love us. Our kids and their significant others hang out with us alot and are our best friends. We are so thankful that they forgive us for raising them as witnesses and still love us. We are trying to make it up to them.

Any way thats all for now, just wanted to say hi to you all!

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Hello, and welcome. I would love to hear more of your story.

elder-schmelder

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hello and welcome, God of Thunder!

Sylvia

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Thor!

Can't wait to hear the rest of your story

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome! Awesome!

• hereiam!
    hereiam!

Welcome!! And welcome to all your family! What a blessing that you have been able to keep your family intact and stay united! It is so upbuilding to me to meet so many friends that have similar circumstances. I am new here to and have already found great support. Send my love to your family and can't wait to hear from your exeriances!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

It is so great to hear so many that are just walking away and leaving the JWs . My husband is 50 and I am 49 we walked away four yrs ago . We have family still in ,but this site has been a great help for us . We have learned how others are dealing with losing a life worth of friends and also good advice for the 'elders' calls that usually come after you fade .

So welcome and glad to have you here !

• yknot
    yknot

To you and Mrs. Thor!!!!

Congrats on a excellent exit too!

Better to be awake and rebuilding now than at 80!

50's are still pretty young these days.....probably have 35-45 years of wonderful life ahead of yall !

• ziddina
    ziddina

pink welcome flowers

Zid littlesatan

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to JWN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit