Hello

by Thor 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

Mr & Mrs Thor-

When I read your post at the end, got a little teary. I so appreicate that you are so close with your children. I got out when I was 18, that was 18 years ago, have not seen my dad since 1992, and my mom and I did not see each other from 92-2000, she is now DF'd but has a hard time with life mentally and our relationship has not been the best but I would rather have her in my life than not. I have 3 kids of my own and everyday I think about how great it is that they do not have to grow up that way (13,11, and 3) seriously every day I think about it. I appreciate the freedom so much.

Welcome!

Nikki

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Thor,

WELCOME to both you and your wife!!

We are thrilled to have you here, and to find that you have been able to leave with your family intact. That is highly unusual as you probably know..but awesome!! And how lucky to have all your extended family waiting for you with arms opens. We look forward to hearing more from you!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• upnorth
    upnorth

Welcome to this place

Photobucket

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome! I am new here too and it's been a wonderful welcome so I wanted to welcome you guys as well .

I'm so happy that you were able to exit as a family. It gives me hope for mine.

I look forward to reading about your experiences and your insights!

Hadit

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Welcome. Glad to hear you escaped. Freedom is wonderful.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum.

It's nice to hear of a whole family getting out together. It is quite rare.

Cheers

Chris

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

• peaches
    peaches

hi,,,and welcome so much.... peaches

• Thor
    Thor

Thanks again for the wonderful welcome!!

A few of you asked what prompted us to leave the organization.

Well, we realize that there really isn't just one quick answer to that question. It was series of things over a period of time.

The early years went pretty well, we were in three congregations in the same metro area over the years so we felt like we had some good friends and felt loved and welcome. We still have good feelings in our hearts for some of our old friends. But we now realize that they were conditional friendships. Since they are under the control of the borg.

As time went on and our lives became busier with kids and our business, my hours dwindled. I was punished ("encouraged") by having all of my "privileges" slowly taken away.

We started feeling less a part of things and felt a lack of appreciation and respect from the elders. They seemed to do everything they could to make us feel unwelcome and never good enough.

We listened for years to the talks that say its your fault if you have problems or doubts but we hung on thinking it would work out, and we wanted to do what was right.

As our kids got older, their interest in the "truth" wained, but out of respect for us they hung in as well. Our kids are wonderful and respectful people!

Toward the end of it all, the elders with their man made rules tried to interfere in our family life, which should not have been any of their business.

In our last lecture from the elders we realized there is no reasoning with these men, and they definitely do not want to know how we think or feel.

So we decided to fade which lasted one more meeting.

A few other things that didn't sit well with us over the years were, Control of every aspect of our lives, disfellowshipping, blood (I would never have let my loved ones die for lack of blood), self righteous attitudes, and how the Org. needed to know or thought they knew everything, etc, etc.

As for how we have been treated since.

The elders came by a couple times to straighten out any misunderstandings, or to see if they could encourage us. Also we had one family that our kids were close to try to encourage us to come back. We have had a couple invitations stuck in our door as well. But over all we have been left alone which is fine with us. They know we aren't causing any trouble with anyone.

We occasionally run into witnesses at a store or our business and everything seems to go fine.

Sorry this went on and on, but like I said its not a quick answer

Mr & Mrs Thor

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to a great forum with some great caring people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit