A very efficient fade if I may say so

Thomas Covenant

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome to the church of Ex-JWs

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thor:

So we decided to fade which lasted one more meeting.

Funniest thing I've read in quite a while.

Welcome to the forum!

om

• flipper
    flipper

THOR- A big welcome to you and your wife ! I'm glad for you that your family is all out. Good for you. Look forward to your posts ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome to Simon's place. Did your preaching cause anyone to joint the WT religion? It appears that all your former JW associates still think you believe it's the truth, but you are just weak.- Or is it something else?

• Thor
    Thor

moshe- My preaching never produced results. I never wanted return visits or studies. I worked six days a week and had no time for that which just added to the guilt trip.

Mrs Thor had some studies over the years but no one ever came in to the "truth". We were in our last hall for twenty two years and we saw maybe two people come in from the territory so no one was having results. I always felt sorry for the pioneers wasting all their time out in service.

I really don't know what "the friends" think about us. I'm sure they wonder what happened because we appeared to be a steady on family. When ever we run into the "friends" its just brief pleasantries and that's it. Its really strange that they don't bring anything up about us being gone. But no one is inviting us over for dinner or anything either.

Last week when I came to work I found two magazines and an invitation on the ground in front of the door. The invitation had a note on it saying they missed us and to come visit sometime. This was from an old friend in a different cong. Funny thing is, we have not heard from this couple in years and they could call or come in any time, but decided to come by when they knew we were closed.

This is one problem we have. We have a small retail business so they can contact us any time and there isn't much we can do about it.

As far as them thinking we still feel its the "truth", I think our absence would show what we think. If we were just weak we would come once in a while or at least to the memorial, which we have missed for three years now. We have not set foot in a kingdom hall for almost three years and it makes me feel ill to even think about it.

We are non confrontational people and we are glad to have them just leave us alone.

Mrs & Mrs Thor

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Hi Thor and Mrs Thor, glad you had the courage to walk. I couldn't do the slow fade either, just rip that band aid off, the best way. It's so nice that you have your family with you. NMKA

• Terry
    Terry

Very happy to have you materialize out of lurkdom into full view.

We welcome you into our semi-dysfunctional family of plaster ex-saints

I'm sure you've formed some strong opinions while lurking. I'd love to hear your "best and worst" impressions.

Let's pop a cork and share a bubbly!

Pull up a chair and make yourselves comfy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit