Jehovah and the Munchausen Syndrome

by Terry 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry
    Adam had been tasked to name the animals so this would have been an extensive task on it's own.

Really now...

Of what possible benefit is it to "name" the animals? There was no science, no genus and differentia, no schools, no classrooms, no books, no

libraries, no zoos or tourists.......?

It wasn't until there was an Eve that Adam could even say, "Hey, see that four-legged thing over there? I call that a 'Glickschmick'."

You point at something and make a sound: "Blug-ugh". Now, that becomes a name. So what? Who cares? No benefit! (I guess Eve named the children and Adam named the beasties!)

JUST PLAIN SILLY. This is a children's fable.

The kid asks, "Why do they call it a Tiger?"

Mom gets out her bible and begins to read........." Adam was tasked to name all the animals...."

That satisfies the child without giving the kid ANY USEFUL INFORMATION WHATSOEVER!

The story really falls apart when you start ACTUALLY THINKING about it!

• cult classic
    cult classic

"But in his great love and kindness he made away out for us."

If his love and kindness is so great why cause and allow so much suffering for us in the first place?

"Of course without God we can live this short existence and die, nothing to stop us choosing that."

It seems that's the option with god as well - either way it's not a choice

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Terry you are wrong! Naming the animals was very important. Just imagine Eve saying "Adam can we do it now 'bark, bark" style? is just too long and what if Adam got the wrong idea and started to pin Eva against the trees, that would have been painful.

"STUPID HUMANS", Bad Adam, Bad Eve. They just didn't get it. All that animal naming training and they have to freaking eat of the "knowledge tree", WTF dont they Know is bad? I told them. "STUPID HUMANS" why didnt they eat of the "Life tree" instead? Didnt they know it would give them eternal life.

Oh no, wait a second, they were gonna live forever anyway so they didnt need to eat from the "life" tree anyway.

Whatever STUPID HUMANS, you must die for being stupid, and your kids too, and the kids of your kids, What a heck even my son Jesus(tm) (the one who actually created the tree and the stupid humans) is gonna die for your stupid mistake.

Stupid humans they dont get it still after all this years. They are still confused. Even though I sent the Bible, they destroyed it and only kept copies of the copies in little pieces scattered all over. They are just freaking Stupid and Sinful, All you can go to hell. What ever they think it is. there is no need to explain cuz they just wont get it. They are gonna believe what the want to believe.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

That wacked illogic is exactly why I dont believe in the Bible or any other MAN MADE MAN WRITTEN "holy book" as being even remotely what the Creator is about. Man created God in HIS image not the other way around and we ended up with this unforgiving God of destruction war vengeance and hatred.

Uh....not.

• Terry
    Terry

Another weird thing......when you start thinking about it....

Adam is standing, walking, talking (using syntax, grammar and evaluating decisions) without any instruction or practice!

Language acquisition is one thing....but a full blown mastery of parlance is yet another!

The analogue nature of the Garden story is almost laughably primitive and naive.

God is out there walking aroud----YES, WALKING AROUND in the (nice flourish here:) Breezy part of the day!!

As if THAT makes any difference to anybody!!

Give me a break.

• Heaven
    Heaven

How is it that Adam and Eve's disobedience in the Garden of Eden has anything to do with me? I have never met nor do I even know these people.

Let me ask this. As a parent, would you punish your daughter for something your son did? I don't think so. I have never understood punishing someone for a crime they didn't commit.

• nugget
    nugget

Terry you may mock the idea of Adam naming the animals, quite frankly it isn't important after all this is a fable. But the point I was making was that we have no idea how long allegorical Adam was around before allegorical Eve came on the scene. You create the idea that they were mental children innocent and incapable of reasoning. I argue that the story does not paint them as such.

This is not high literature at the end of the day but your argument has to take into account the whole text.

• Terry
    Terry

Wouldn't you agree that either there were an Adam and Eve or else we evolved?

Would that make any difference?

• dgp
    dgp

Marked

• nugget
    nugget

Terry I don't know. At the moment I am honest enough to say for sake of argument that there may have been. What I am arguing is that you make assumptions about the maturity of Adam and Eve that may be incorrect and that the bible indicates that god was not punishing the first humans because of an innocent mistake.

You need to allow for the possibility that Adam chose to eat the fruit with full knowledge of the implications for both himself and others. At the time he ate the fruit he would also have no knowledge that there was a way out for his offspring making his choice even more heinous. So was the perfect man actually a sociopath or did he assume that like a favourite child forgiveness would be easier to obtain than permission?

This does not affect the premise that we may have evolved or we may have been created.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit