My dog, Alice, 12 yrs old...died last night.

by lisavegas420 32 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

She was fine an hour earlier. We went to bed at 10pm. She was laying in her bed next to mine. At some point she must have walked into the living room. I heard a yelp, a cry. I jumped up and went to look for her. She was lying by the front door. Just like that, she was dead. I don't know what could have happened. It was 11pm.

This morning. I'm numb. I haven't cried, because it doesn't yet seem real, I guess.

I'm not even sure how to dispose of her. She is a big dog and weighs close to 80lbs.

Maybe I'll wake up and it'll all be a dream.

lisa

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'm so sorry to hear that. ((((Lisa))))

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dog over two years ago and since adopted another one, but I still miss my other dog. It's hard and not everyone understands this kind of loss. But, are pets are part of the family.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

My condolences Lisa. You have lost a member of your family. One who loved you unconditionally - regardless of your religion.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Sorry for your loss Lisa, I know how you feel, I had to put my cat to sleep last year, & I still miss him very much, sometimes I still expect him to be there when I get home, I have not replaced him.

Kevin

• talley
    talley

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss of Alice.

Our wonderful canine and feline companions are never with us 'long enough'.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm very sorry for your loss.

To me my dogs are my family, my children.

I have 4 cockers that are getting up there.

I would consider it a blessing from God if they would all go like your dog.

I would hope they live to 20. But every day they are alive is a gift.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Thank you all.

I called my daughter, she is also in shock. She called back a few minutes later and is going to send her husband over this afternoon to help my husband dig a hole. She said so "she'll be ready to be laid to rest when you get home."

Oh yea, I have to go on with my day, don't I. I have to go to work, I have to actually face people, and maybe talk to them, shit. why does this have to hurt.

How could this happen..I bought her senior food for adult dogs the good kind that she liked. She had her own space in each room of the house, got regular exercise. We never fed her table scraps, because I wanted her to be healthy. She was the best dog ever. She only barked when she was happy to see me. Never barked at strangers or other dogs or other animals. Never barked when someone knocked at the door..she hid. She loved the cats and played with them.

and just like that, she's gone.

lisa

• nelly136
    nelly136

that sux :(

its probably little consolation this moment as its come so out of the blue, but it sounds like it was over really quickly and she wouldnt have had time to suffer.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I am sorry to hear of your loss, Lisa. I expect she had a heart attack. At least she didn't suffer. Losing our pets hurts just as much as losing a person we care about. This is one of my reasons why I have niggling doubts in my mind and heart about the Bible. It doesn't talk about the other creatures we share the Earth with regarding any sort of eternal life on Earth or in Heaven or about their deaths. Why is this? Why DO the animals die?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit