My dog, Alice, 12 yrs old...died last night.

by lisavegas420 32 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

My daughter's husband came over this afternoon and helped my husband dig a hole.

All three grandchildren were here, and wanted to see Alice one last time. We uncovered her, she looked like she was sleeping. Except for the blood around her head on the blanket. There wasn't any blood yesterday or this morning.

Sky (7), the middle granddaughter read a poem, half way though it she had to stop reading because she and my daughter were crying so hard. I feel the huge hole in my chest, and it hurts, but no tears. I was closest to tears seeing how hard my daughter and granddaughter was taking Alice's death.

As I walk though the house, it's like I still see her out of my peripheral vision.

I do feel glad that she didn't suffer very long. And I know she was treated like a princess. She loved me and I loved her.

Thank you all for being here to listen.

lisa

• moshe
    moshe

Suddenly, all this JW stuff is just worthless crap right now. Our dog is a little guy, 5 years old, a silky terrier and I dread the day he passes on to the big meadow in the sky. I can understand your pain, Lisa. We are planning a vacation this summer and the big issue is, where will we board Sparky and will they be good to him. I hope you can heal as soon as possible over your loss of a true member of the family. Your Alice sounded like a wonderful dog.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK
    where will we board Sparky and will they be good to him.

Why not get a friend to house-sit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit