My dog, Alice, 12 yrs old...died last night.

by lisavegas420 32 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry for your loss. As time goes on and you begin to accept that she's gone, you'll be grateful that her leaving was quick and probably painless. I hung on to my 18-year old cat too long, because it was agonizing to make the decision to put her down. She was with me longer than any other creature, even my parents. Your dog didn't suffer, and she had a good life.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Aw, Honey, I'm so sorry. They are our family. Sounds like she had a good life, and she went quickly. We all should hope to be so lucky.

Love,
    Baba.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss...I had to put my dog of 10 years down a couple of years ago and it's truly heart wrenching to lose a well loved pet. So sad...

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry you lost your loved one.

She had a wonderful life with you-she may have died earlier if it wasn't for your love and care.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Sorry about your loss.

I saw what it did to my wife when she lost her cat of 15 years.

No one to curl up with her in her arms at night anymore. It's tough.

• flipper
    flipper

LISA- I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet Alice. My wife and I send our sympathies to you friend. I lost a cat at age 13 in 2003 and we have 2 big black lab dogs aged 13 and 11 who will probably meet their demise soon enough. It's an awful feeling like losing a family member. Please hang in there, Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• Truthexplorer
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Sorry to hear about your loss Lisa.

I have a 12 year old cat that I am very fond off and know I would miss it if it suddenly passed away.

Thinking of you

TE

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Take some time out to mourn her. Don't be self conscious about being upset. It will take longer than you might think to feel ok again so don't be worried about it.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Lisa take comfort in the knowlege you provided her with a great home and a loving family .

It will be hard on you ,but better to have her die quickly at such an advanced age than lingering and suffering....... with you having to make the hard decision of putting her down .

So sorry for your loss .....pets are just like family and they take a special place in our hearts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit