Uh Oh!!! The elders are coming!!!

by Blue Grass 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I'm a little upset that this girl would even mention to him I contacted her on Facebook

Um...remember the whole cult thing and like bazillions of threads on this site?

I think the conundrum you are experiencing is between trying to be friends with these folks and trying to not be part of the cult. I'm not sure it works that way.

But there's plenty of polite ways to say, "I'm sorry, but I don't believe in this religion any more. Wanna be friends still?"

• man in black
    man in black

jehovahsheep has the idea :

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sz4RQu5ElIk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sz4RQu5ElIk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    I think the conundrum you are experiencing is between trying to be friends with these folks and trying to not be part of the cult.

I think that sums it up pretty well.

Blue Grass

• Open mind
    Open mind

The Watchtower is right.

Just say No to Facebook.

I have a feeling it will be the undoing of our collective fades.

om

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was an active participant on the other thread. You've built a reputation from that one that not many of us can forget.

Due to the horniness of this thread for JW chicks, I see that I'm out of my element here.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Maybe you need to think this through a bit more. As a paid-up member of the apostate fraternity you might not have a very long relationship with a JW chick anyway.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Simply by agreeing and meeting with them, it indicates that the person will still answer to the elders.

Exactly - And remember when they want to "encourage" you, that can quickly turn into a witch hunt - even if its someone who previously was a "friend". Most elders would LOVE to know the real reason why people bolt from the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit