worst privelege ever?

by rockmehardplace 43 Replies latest jw friends

• yellow
    yellow

peeling potatoes and veg at a quick build and then being stuck in a kitchen for 4 hours washing pots and pans, after I was told I would meet all these wonderful brothers. Just me and a few others stuck in a kitchen all day.

• peaches
    peaches

yup,,,,what yellow said,,,,plus a few more hours....peaches

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For me, the worst I have had was standing behind the rag counter and handing out the rags. That eliminated all chances for me to mix with anyone--I would also say that the "gift(?????????????????????????????????????????)" of singleness is the worst.

If Jehovah is going to give me such "privileges(??)" and expect me to act like He is doing me the favor, He can take those "privileges(??)" and "gifts(??)" and shove them up his axx.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Pram and pushair attendant at Cardiff UK conventions; storing them on part of a staircase in the open air for indeterminate times and having to produce them at a moments notice.

Never ever again.

• cult classic
    cult classic

worst privilege ever? The privilege of feeding at Jehovah's table.......................for all my life.

Cult Classic

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Making the hoagies at 5:30 am to distribute at lunchtime. We had to take the meat out of packages and squeeze it to get the juice out of it so the sandwiches could be dry enough to last through lunchtime. You paid attention all day after that and they wanted you back bright and early again the next morning, so you left your hotel room ultra early every day for this privilege.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I would have to say account servant. I did that for a year. I never had a problem getting someone to help me count the money, but all the personal time I had to give up for it was a nightmare. All the previous account servants had fucked up the records so badly that I had to go back to the date the congregation was formed in an attempt to reconcile all the transactions. Luckily the congregation was only about 5 years old, but I still spent a number of nights working on it until 2 or 3 in the morning. As it was, there was several thousand dollars in the congregation's bank account that we could never account for and that wasn't reported on the congregation's income tax return in prior years.

Once I got their bloody mess cleaned up the elders returned to treating me like shit, and removed my "privileges" because I was going to school part time.

W

• blondie
    blondie

I liked food service and I had pretty decent jobs. I tended to be a troubleshooter or a substitute, trained worker for those that failed to show.

The most boring but seemingly prestigious job was personal secretary to the convention administrator. Not much to do but eye opening as to the interaction between the so-called high placed "spiritual" men.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I had the 'privelege' of sweeping the rows at the Pontiac Silverdome after the program ended each day. I was young and there were a bunch of kids from our hall who helped. It wasn't too terrible.

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

Outsider question: I suspect women's priveledges are worse then men's?

Some how I don't see JW bros scrapping pubic hairs off toilet seats .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit