worst privelege ever?

by rockmehardplace 43 Replies latest jw friends

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

collecting money after every meeting. i could never get someone to help, and i was always last to leave. when i did finally have one person who would help, if i used them too often i got questions about why the two of us were always taking the contributions. when i asked elders then, they never had time.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Parking attendant at a District Convention in the Southeast U.S., while wearing a suit. (I never did it.)

The worst privilege I had was scraping mud from the floors of porta-potties at a Kingdom Hall build. I did this for about 10 minutes and then thought to myself, FU WT. I then disappeared into the woodwork.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Cleaning the urinals at the khall. Little boys and old men seem to have very bad aims.

• sir82
    sir82

Unrolling insulation into a windowless, airtight attic in a Kingdom Hall remodeling project on literally the hottest day of the decade, while wearing gloves, thick long pants and long sleeves in a futile attempt to keep the fibers out of my skin.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

sir82:

Unrolling insulation into a windowless, airtight attic in a Kingdom Hall remodeling project on literally the hottest day of the decade, while wearing gloves, thick long pants and long sleeves in a futile attempt to keep the fibers out of my skin.

Are you sure that we did not work together??? I worked insulation on QBs for a long time...until I was able to weasle into volunteer service (sit in a tent reading the newspaper and drinkng coffee while checking in people, once in awhile walking around the site making sure the workers had a colored dot on their hard hat indicating they had checked in..... LOL... )

and I am glad I was advised dont take a hot shower after installing insulation..... opens your pores...fibers go in.....itch for weeks...

Snakes (Rich )

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

My dad volunteered to help at a quick-build, and was assigned the job of holding a sign. He literally stood, for hours, just holding that stupid sign. He was so zealous, he actually considered this a privilege.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Accounts Servant, Attendant at conventions and assemblies, Parking during winter and summer months.

• sir82
    sir82

Snakes,

No this was a one-time thing, on our own KH - before the Society became quite so Nazi-ish and insisted that the RBCs be involved any time a light bulb needed changed.

Oh, here's another one: Working in accounts during a DC. Somehow I was no. 2 or no. 3 in charge, meaning I was stuck in the little room with the bags of money (for "security", you know) for 8 or 9 hours a day, all 3 days. The boss could take a break, the counters were only there a couple of hours a day, but idiot me was down there all.....day.....long....with the bags o' money.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Staring at a blank wall for 3 hours doing "security" backstage at a Circus Assembly

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

I have to agree with the account servant. Definately the task that takes up a lot of you're time away from the KH as well. Reconciling, bank deposits, adminstrative stuff.....it's endless. And you're right, almost impossible to get anyone to help you count. The elders would avoid you like the plague at the end of the meetings. I especially loved it when I needed signatures from the PO or the Secretary, and they acted like they were too busy to sign a fricken sheet of paper. All this while your wife is ragging on you because she's dying to go home....and believe me, I don't blame her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit