Terry's Amazing Stories

by Blue Grass 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

Am I the only one who think's a lot of the amazing stories Terry come up with are fabricated or completely untrue? Every week he tells us how he by chance ran into a JW, Mormon, Evangilcial, etc. and comes up with witty answers every time to counter every point they make and than have them running in fear. It's seems odd that ever time he steps out the house someone is trying to proselytize him? I just going to go ahead and call BS on all his stories.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Wow, Mr. <200 Posts. I'll give you a few points for balls, but to call out one of the JWN legends like that? No class.

Think About It

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Am I the only one

Yes.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

If you had .001 percent of Terry's intelligence you wouldn't have bothered to waste your words.

*sigh*

And, even if it was all BS, the reasoning/experience still helps an awful lot of people so it doesn't even matter if it is!

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    Wow, Mr. <200 Posts.

I'm sorry, I fail to see what post count has to do with anything.

If you had .001 percent of Terry's intelligence you wouldn't have bothered to waste your words.

I don't understand what you mean by I wasted my words. Perhaps you could explain.

By the way leavingWT, the first sentence in my opening post is what we call a rhetorical question, which means it didn't require an answer. Normally I don't make a big deal about semantics but I see you're from Mississippi and therefore probably didn't know any better.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Terry works in the Religion section of a very busy book store in Fort Worth, Texas. It makes no sense to me how Terry could keep from getting in these discussions everyday. They're very real my friend.

Oh and BTW, BS on everything you wrote. Have a great evening.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I find his threads boring.

He’s probably the same in real life.

• lilyflor
    lilyflor

I really enjoy Terry's posts, always food for thought.

• tec
    tec

There is only one Terry on this forum, right?

I ask because I'm surprised that anyone would have something negative to say about his character. I may not always agree with his viewpoint on various topics, but I do find his threads interesting. The common theme underlying most of them seems to be that of promoting self-examination/critical thinking. And on that, he and I are in agreement.

(This is assuming that there isn't some other Terry that I've never heard of.)

Tammy

• Think About It
    Think About It

Regardless if one believes Terry's stories or not is not the point, although I for one take him for his word and believe him. The point is in human society senority gains a person a certain amount of respect. For a relatively new person to call out a respected long time member over nothing is really showing a lack of manners and respect. This call out serves no purpose other than to possibly try to embarrass someone. At the same time I don't want to try to bring negativity to Blue Grass.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit