Terry's Amazing Stories

by Blue Grass 52 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Heh, heh, heh....ok notverylikely Batman it is...

Why do you hate the Green Lantern?

;)

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    If you think dear Terry is... ummmm... embellishing... that's okay - you're entitled to your opinion. But you should probably ask for a few more details (i.e., "Terry, how is it that you come to have all of these kinds of experiences. I seldom/never run into such folks or have such conversations and it is curious to me that you do. What's up with that?"... or something like that)... BEFORE publicly polling others as to THEIR opinion on such things.

That's actually very good advice and I will consider it for future threads. However based on some of the responses on this thread I get the feeling even if I had jut politely questioned Terry some would tell me my post count is too low to question him or I don't have enough seniority to questions what he says. I thought I was done with the BS of "ranking" people based on numbers(hours in field service) and how long they been a member of this board(the organization) . For ex-jws I guess old habits die hard.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You don't have to query a poster in public. If there is a chance you may make a spectacle of yourself, PM them.

• Think About It
    Think About It

For ex-jws I guess old habits die hard.

Yeah, like being rude and disrepectful to others?

Think About It

• moshe
    moshe

Just like, calling on the audiencce lifeline on , Who wants to be a Millionaire, when the gallery at this forum is running 95% against your idea/comment, you had better think that maybe your original position needs to be revisited. -

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Using Moshe’s logic…. If 95% of the JWs in your congregation thinks it’s “the truth” then they must be right???

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    when the gallery at this forum is running 95% against your idea/comment, you had better think that maybe your original position needs to be revisited.

I'm surprise you would say something like that considering 95% pf the poster on your doormat thread disagreed with you, yet you still cling to that very same idea.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

BlueGrass

First, I loved and agree with AGuest comments. It's the internet, and to that I say, you should take quite a bit of what you read with a grain of salt. The internet has evolved into an anonymous gathering place of sorts.

Having said that, being a former JW is such a unique subset that it is usually easy to see who is full of crap.

In Terry's case, (a poster whom I have a great deal of respect for) all I can say is that none of his threads are about people he meets at bookstores. His threads include stories and conversations and ideas that come from conversations at these book stores. But never once has he said "Wow, I meet some really interesting people all the time every day here."

Believe what you want or not. I do think while you are entitled to putting out your opinion on anyone else on any topic you wish, by doing so, you also open yourself up for criticism.

So even as you raise questions, people raise questions about you. That seems about fair to me.

• moshe
    moshe
    -95% pf the poster on your doormat thread disagreed with you,

If JW's could honestly have an anonymous vote- just push a button, then their answers could be a lot different than the ones they give to another JW.

yes, they didn't like being called doormats on that thrread, but the fact remains that many do let the elders, JW family and JW's beat them up and they just take it. Why should faders without a backbone be upset at the label of doormat?-- they don't seem to mind when they get stomped on by the KH, do they?

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Hi BlueGrass! Here is a couple of things that I have learned about Terry. One, when he was young, he did prison time because he believed in what the Watchtower taught about neutrality, and that was not easy to do.

Secondly, he is well read and shares what he has learned with those of us who have an interest in his topics. Most of those topics force one to "THINK."

This why I respect Terry, he puts himself out there and is willing to change his mind when others respond to his topics.

He has an active mind, and for me, I have used him like a sponge whenever he post's a topic.

Terry if you are reading this, thanks and keep those tough topics coming, I look forward to them.

BlueGrass, Terry is not the only one with amazing stories. Since 07 you have been lurking and I'm sure their are other amazing posters that you have read.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit