New Here....and a Brief Intro

by Yan Bibiyan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

Welcome! I, too, am interested in reading more about your comparisons between communism and jws.

• peaches
    peaches

hello to both of you...a great big welcome...people here are nice...and better yet,,,they are full of understanding...

• spawn
    spawn

Welcome to the family Yan, my advise would be to keep the borg at arms length and watch them as they are evil.

You will find the members here have some good advise and will be able to help you out even if you just need to vent some anger.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe as you read here and find out more about the history of the Watchtower organization you could write down questions that you'd like to ask the Bible study conductor as an "interested one." I'l bet he doesn't know as much about the history of the Watchtower Society as you do!

• noni1974
    noni1974

I am eagerly awaiting your next thread comparing JW indoctrination to Communists. Sounds interesting. As an American who grew up durring the Cold War I've always wondered about Communists. I remeber the day the Wall fell and how excited I was. I'm glad you got out before you got in.

• metatron
    metatron

Welcome, welcome!

I am glad to hear someone comparing the Watchtower to Communism because I believe this analogy shows us how the Watchtower will decline or simply collapse.

What will happen to an international organization that indirectly excludes people with analytical ability?

It will fail to observe its own problems until they become extreme.

It will be dominated by cronyism, "good old boys", secrecy and lack of transparency.

It will fail to understand what is wrong with its policies or how to fix them.

It will tend towards fantasy rather rationality

Its members will habitually be victims of con games, scams and quick buck schemes.

It will persist in repeating patterns that worked in the past even though the world scene has changed radically.

It will lie, deny, deceive, and use all sorts of deception as realities they don't understand grow into dominance.

It will suffer surprize, confusion and disappointment because its simple-minded view of the future is wrong.

Its literature will markedly decline in quality and depth and appropriate responsa will be replaced by mindless cheerleading.

There is a glib phrase that someone may be "too stupid to live". The Watchtower Society is now testing that statement - and will, I believe manifest its truth.

metatron

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Phew, a lucky escape!

Good on ya!

Welcome, it's a great place to vent/share.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Wow, you figured it out early, took me 42 years! Glad you and you wife are on the same page. NMKA

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Thank you again everyone for the warm welcoming words. Already feel a part of the family.

I realize my early exit had more to do with a lucky draw, rather than with any special smarts on my end - especially with having a spouse pretty much on the same page.

A WT/Communism parralel post is in the works; will post in the next few days.

-Yan

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Welcome!

I have traveled to post-Communist countries and have always been interested in the history of Communism in those countries. It was scary how similar their tactics were to the world of the WTS.

I look forward to your posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit