Have you ever deleted friends on facebook?

by asilentone 38 Replies latest jw friends

• zoiks
    zoiks

I haven't had to delete anyone yet, though I've ignored several requests from JWs. I ended up running into one JW that I had ignored. She told me that she didn't care about my "inactive/bad association" status or what anyone else thought, and just wanted to keep in touch with my family. So we're Facebook friends now and all is well.

Facebook is quite a cultural phenomenon and I understand why JW leadership is so afraid of it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Delete! Delete! Correct for error!

(Yes... I'm a Jimmy Neutron fan )

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I ignore all requests from JWs, relatives, co-workers and from anyone I don't actually know. I delete anyone that fills my newsfeed with quizzes, surveys or games. Seems like thats all some folks do.

Also, if you tend to post a lot of nonsense...delete.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Yes a few . A couple of witnesses that were making it known they did not appreciate my current opinions .....

I will delete others if I never hear personal comments from them other than farmville stuff . I don't play any of the games or quizzes on there . I am more interested in building new friendships and connections .

I would be interested in adding more new friends that are interested in moving away from talking only about ex-jw subjects ,and interested in moving on to new areas of life .

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I can't think of anyone I've completely deleted, but I do have some people blocked from most of my profile, and I also use the "Hide" feature when I get tired of seeing someone's posts. To me, that works just as well as deleting but without the dramatic flailing.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I don't defriend people off of facebook usually. I'm pretty tolerant when it comes to my association with people and I accept all opinions. I only delete those who are irrational, which makes me enemies with pretty much the Jeebus freaks, liberals and feminists. Usually, the Jebus freaks, libs and feminazis delete me before I can give enough of a s#$^ to delete them. A former poster on JWD deleted me because I had the gaul to complain as a consumer that my Mexican food wasn't vegan friendly even though I asked the guy to make it vegan friendly.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    Facebook is quite a cultural phenomenon and I understand why JW leadership is so afraid of it.

That.

• dgp
    dgp

Marked.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I deleted one so-called friend and my sister - long story.

• its_me!
    its_me!

I deleted twelve JWS a few weeks ago. I have one left on there that has been one of my best friends for years, and it is uncertain whether she will stay or not!!!! She has recently been reinstated, and now she is more zealous than she ever has been. I don't care if it hurts their feeelings. They would do it to me if I was Df'ed. Only one of them has sent me another request, we were childhood friends, and I really do love her too, but it is just a risk that I can't take right now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit