Have you ever deleted friends on facebook?

by asilentone 38 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

Yes. Yesterday, I just deleted the last five jw friends I had. So there are officially no jws on my fb anymore.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Yup. Most recently this delusional bitch:

• Scott77
    Scott77

I have been adding and deleting as well over the years. Its an ongoing process to filter out who is truely a good friend. Factors such as how often I speak to him or her is one reason among others. If he or she is on my facebook list of friends, and is unable to chat with me, therefore, he or she has no business being on my list. Those are some of the kind I have been deleting off lately. Now that Iam an Ex-JW, some JWs are unaware of my status as an DA. At least one is non-JW whose wife is an active JW, is right now petitioning me to add him. I have not yet made any decision. Other JWs, I have litteraly gone all way to block them even before they ask to be added for a second time. They were already my friend on list before, but I had to delete them after sensing a lot of rumour going on and, it was kind of creepy stuff. Ideally, I like to add as many Ex-JWs as possible. I have found through chat their unique stories and it surprises me about their life stories. Iam also surprised, Ex-JWs are among the smartest pals and gals around. Their posting on facebook walls are sometimes inspiring and give me an idea of what kind of people they are. It adds richness to my understanding of people as varied as Ex-JWs.

• juni
    juni

Funny that I should find this thread after not being on here for many months; perhaps over a year.

I just got deleted by an active JW who didn't know that I was agnostic now. Said that it was better that he had no association w/me unless I "came back". Hmmmmm.... He found me on Facebook and I accepted him as a friend. What folly!

Juni

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I try not to put too much personal info on there, as in exactly what I'm doing or who with or when, etc. But for me it's more of an e-mail type tool, most of my conversations are in real messages.

I wouldn't delete someone, but I have deleted news feeds only from some because of the crap I get about farms or what God wants me to do or whatever other fake life garbage flows from whoever.

I don't understand the farm thing, not at all. Or the mafia, or whatever else. But I don't delete people unless they really push the button themselves.

WLG

• man in black
    man in black

If one of my "friends" doesn't reply, post a comment, or add new pictures after one year I delete them.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    most of my conversations are in real messages

Yes, Wanderlustguy, mine too. Facebook is my new email.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Yes I recently deleted 50 people from my facebook. Mostly people who had some ex jw connection but I didn't know who the were on the boards. I also deleted the Christians who kept trying to save me. Sorry but I don't need to be saved, and I don't care if Jesus loves you leave me alone!!

• chickpea
    chickpea

it helps to be selective in the first place...

if i just "know" someone, likely as not
    i simply ignore requests to "friend" them...
    basically i dont give a crap about excessive
    unfiltered, perpetual "status updates" that
    breed prodigiously on FB...

learn to love your ignore options!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I usually only add people I know, friends or relatives. If they are people I do not know, I first check if they are at least a friend of a friend, and then weigh them based on how much I trust that friend. I will add or be a fan of a business or artist who I think is interesting. Face book for me at least didn't have as much trouble as my space does. I tend to avoid the pages of friends who give me trouble loading, due to extreme exsessive content -read "Garbage".

I have mostly ex JW friends, a few inactive believers of some other friends and school people, oh and relatives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit