Do any of you still believe in 'Hellfire'? heh

by theMadJW 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

While I do not believe in "hellfire":

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19“There was a rich man who was clothed in e purple and fine linen and f who feasted sumptuously every day. 20And at his gate g was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, 21who desired to be fed with h what fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22The poor man died and was carried by i the angels j to Abraham’s side. 6 The rich man also died and was buried, 23and in k Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and l saw Abraham far off and Lazarus j at his side. 24And he called out, m ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and n cool my tongue, for o I am in anguish in this flame.’ 25But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that p you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner bad things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.’ 27And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father’s house— 28for I have five brothers 7 —so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.’ 29But Abraham said, ‘They have q Moses and the Prophets; r let them hear them.’ 30And he said, ‘No, s father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31He said to him, ‘If they do not hear q Moses and the Prophets, t neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’ ”

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Actually I have found that some of the die-hard Watchtower witnesses- the one's who are not overly concerned with following scripture, but following WT law, are often righteous overmuch, and thus think they have a "survive armageddon" pass. I had a weird conversation with a sister like this who told me, "I'm going to get life" she went on to point at me and say, "maybe YOU may be concealed, but I'm going to get life." I remember thinking wow, how arrogant. Maybe that is the MadJWs deal.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, in soem braches of Chritianity we have the view that, if a person does wrong and does not repent, they may go to "burn in hell" as punishment for what they have done and their lack of repentance.

This does not apply to those that are ignorant or repent or to children.

In the JW world, armegedon will destroy billions of men, women and children.

Hmmm, *turns on Borat voice* "very nice".

• donny
    donny

That is why of ALL the False Dogmas of ALL Religion- it is the most obscene...It's purpose was to scare people to church, and to control them.

The constant threat of Armageddon just around the corner serves the same purpose.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

See- I TOLD you there were those still believing it!

PS- when Jesus gave that illustration, everyone in the crowd turned to look at those dressed in purple & linen...and who were rich.

Know who they were?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PS- when Jesus gave that illustration, everyone in the crowd turned to look at those dressed in purple & linen...and who were rich.

The governing body?

Yes, it was an illustration, but tell me, would Jesus, the Word of God, make a false illustration or at least use false imaging?

• Chalam
    Chalam

theMadJW That They (Trinity) are burning billions alive...FOREVER? With worms that live forever gnawing on them?

I think you need to read the scriptures again.

Isaiah 66:24 (New International Version)

24 "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

Mark 9:47-48 (New International Version)

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where
    " 'their worm does not die,
    and the fire is not quenched.'

Blessings,

Stephen

• yknot
    yknot

Never have......

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

There is a place/state.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

As BTS says, yes - as a state of mind/being. For sure while we're here on this mortal coil, at least.

Afterwards? My philosophy believes not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit