Do any of you still believe in 'Hellfire'? heh

by theMadJW 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Hmmmm! Armageddon, which takes place when man will destroy himself, is a brief period.

'Hellfire' is supposed to be TORTURE....FOREVER.

Same thing? Only to those dememted.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The JW armageddon scenario and the Catholic hellfire were both invented for the same purpose (it doesn't matter that they have little else in common): scare the rank and file members into obedience.

And despite official church dogma, hardly anyone on the planet believes in hell anymore.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

As was already stated, Hell No!

serenitynow! said something that deserves restating:

"How can you not see that Armageddon is to JWs as hellfire is to other religions?

JWs fear armageddon like church folks fear hell."

They are two cogs on the same machine. The fear machine to keep the masses slaving away.

One type uses hellfire and the other type uses Armageddon to accomplish the same goal.

In the end I guess it doesn't matter to the organized religions as long as it keeps the flock in fear and servitude

and always ready to be fleeced again. heh

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

LOLOLOLOLO!

You think 'fear' of Armageddon motivates me?

You're FAR more ignorant than I give you credit for!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Don't believe in Hellfire - or Heavenfire for that matter.

All religion seeks to control the masses - they use different mechanisms to do so. Some use God, others the Devil. Actually God and Devil seem in cahoots to me - if God don't like ya' - he sends ya' to the Devil, whom he made, and whom did not like God, so he became a Devil.

It's all too complicated over there in fantasy-land.

Jeff

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    LOLOLOLOLO!
    You think 'fear' of Armageddon motivates me?
    You're FAR more ignorant than I give you credit for!

Wow what a brilliant response!

What are you like a pre-teen troll. surely you can do better than that.

But to be honest I could care less what motivates you.

When someone types LOLOL over and over in their response it usually signals to me that they are at a loss for words

and can't come up with anything better.

As of right now all you seem like is a dumbass to me.

But hopefully you will prove me wrong on that.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

It is the same thing in that hellfire and armageddon both mean eternal destruction. Also the same because JWs fear armageddon, and are focused on doing whatever it takes to not be destroyed. So the fear of dying at armageddon is in fact a way to control people.

"Hmmmm! Armageddon, which takes place when man will destroy himself, is a brief period.

'Hellfire' is supposed to be TORTURE....FOREVER.

Same thing? Only to those dememted."

Wow, really, are you really insulting me because I believe the concepts of hellfire and armageddon to be quite similar? Before you insult a person, you should at least make sure that the insult is spelled correctly.

I am not dememted [sic] or demented, I'm just capable of abstract thought.

• dissed
    dissed

I like those ironic hells like you see on the Simpsons TV show. They're more fun.

Hellfire is as much a myth designed to scare people as the GB's myth of Armageddon is coming 'any day' to motivate. and scare JW's to the KH's.

Both are equally non-Bible based and equally 'slander' God as unjustly cruel and wicked.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I do MadJW. Do you still believe in that silly 'soulsleep' crap?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Same thing? Only to those dememted.

If you're smart enough to understand the context of the post, it is the same thing. JWs use fear of destruction at Armageddon to instill fear as a means of control. Just like other churches do with hellfire. Get it now?

And in case fear of Armageddon isn't enough, they resort to shunning anyone who figures out what bs their teachings are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit