Were you Stalked or Chased After Once you Exited the JW's by Elders ?

by flipper 175 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

OH I Grew up!!!!! I posted on this in my infant stage of thinking I was safe!!!! SO the last few years I realized how stupid the entire JW's are and that I didn't want anything to do with them!!! The brainwashed elders did hound me again but this time instead of wanting to sue them ( i could have ) I just gave them a DA note.... Who do they think they are? oh ya that's right they think they are Gods "special" police....

• flipper
    flipper

VIOLIA- I'm sorry to hear that people are calling you or harassing you for information to use against you. Don't tell them ANYTHING. It's none of their business what you do. I have come to realize after being out for 8 years myself that JW's are probably the nosiest , most intrusive people on the planet.

FOUND SHEEP- You are right. The elders really did think they are God's " special police " by pushing their control tactics to the limit over rank & file JW's as well as exiting JW's. I'm sorry to hear they harassed you as well- but glad to hear you have your freedom by dissassociating yourself. Hope they have stopped bothering you

• andys
    andys

Yes I was for awhile but all the stalking/chasing has ceased down alot, I left the JW's at the time in a very over the top way, I never faded, I just all of a sudden up and left, I had alot of JW friends on facebook, on Feb 7th, 2011 when I woke up after reading Crisis of Conscience I posted on my facebook page right out there in the open in front of all the JW's that I was going to a different church and even posted in front of all the JW's on the churches facebook page, at the time my mind was not clear when I woke up and I was angry about being lied to all my life, if I would have done it differetnly I would have faded.

To get to the stalking part, my sister is married to an elder, I remember this one time when I was parking at the post office I saw him park right next to my vehicle and walk the other direction and then there was numerous other ocasssions where I see his car in the same area as where I was driving, also during the memorial in April there was a memorial tract left in my door after coming home from work.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

They can stalk me all they want. I enjoy kicking their butts up between their ears.

• iCeltic
  • iCeltic
    iCeltic

I was never bothered but after more than a decade I was phoned by an elder asking me personal questions about my life, never bothered to ask me how I am or anything of the sort, just if I had been committing sin. Such nice people.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They hounded me for over a year then decided to DA me because some non JWs said I'd attended a Church. I got calls and text messages but told them to leave me alone.

I got 2 letters I decided to ignore.

Snippet 1

You will realize from your years as a witness that you are presently considered to be a member of the congregation, even though it is now some months since you have attended any meetings. We feel that it is now time for us to clarify the situation, and with that in mind we would like to ask you to meet briefly with myself and (Brother Patronising) in order for us to outline what action the congregation proposes to take, and give you an opportunity of expressing your wishes in this connection.

Snippet 2 (The 'you are invited to a JC' letter.

We have had reports from several sources that you are now attending a church in Punk town, and I am sure yyou will realise that if this is the case it is

not compatible with your membership of the congregation

Finally they knocked at my door to announce I was DA. I told them they have no authority over me. The WBT$ is just a bisuness and they were following the business plan but still trespassing on my property and the WBT$ has no authority over me.

A couple of things interested me in the 2 hounding letters.

They mentioned 'MEMBERSHIP'

They mentioned 'What action the CONGREGATION proposes to take'!

When they finally knocked at my door to banish me to 'mentally diseased' land I got in some punches. A waste of time I grant you because I'm sure they felt they were being courageous like Jehu (Snicker snicker)

I got in about how unchristian shunning is and that the Awake! '09 July says no one should choose between religion and family. I got in about how the WBT$ said 'excommunication' was of the Devil in WT 1947.

It was a waste of my time but I wasn't about to be told their opinions on my own doorstep and I told them so too!

Brother Jehu said it was rude of me not to relpy to his letters to which I replied : 'It was rude of you to send them especially as I requested no contact!' He was stumped and continued about how I can come back in time if I want.

I said I have no wish to come back to a big money making business. I got: 'Oh, come on now, you know it isn't so..it isn't a business you know that Punk!'

I can't recall the exact order of events but I gave a thorough un-witness.

Bro Jehu trying transferrence tactics said: 'It was YOUR choice!' To which I contered with: 'No! It's your choice. I just wanted to be left alone but you keep hounding me as you follow your business model!'

I did say: 'So now I'm considered mentally diseased am I?'

Bro Jehu: 'We never said that, YOU did!'

All in all it seemed Bro Jehu was more concerned that I was calling the WBT$ a big business than he was in 'lovingly shepherding' me.

They beat a hasty retreat. I can imagine them thinking I fit the 'mentally diseased' 'apostate' mould to a tee and that they were 'courageuos like Jehu'. Twots!

• flipper
    flipper

ANDYS- Wow- that took a lot of courage to post on the open on Facebook that you were going to a different church in front of JW people you knew online . It sounds like your brother in law elder was very persistent in being nosy about your life. I'm glad you've moved on from the cult. Good for you.

LONEWOLF- I hear you. If JW elders want to stalk me- they'll soon find they are picking on the wrong person.

ICELTIC- So after 10 years of not attending an elder called you to ask personal questions about your life- if you were sinning ? Incredible. It shouldn't surprise me, they did the same to me after being away for almost 4 years. Nosiest people on the planet.

PUNK OF NICE- Excellent handling of the nosy elders who came to harass you Punk of Nice ! Well done. You didn't stand down to them and faced off with them face to face. Cool. They probably won't bother you again. The elders expect inactive or fading JW's to cowtow to them and collapse in a heap of melting putty- but many times if you stand up to them they THEMSELVES collapse in a heap of jello ! Good job

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Some of these accounts are just over the top.

This little incident occured, I guess they wanted to protect the planet from my evil ways.

Hi,

I have been reading COC and ISOCF in the train every morning and noticed some funny stuff occurring.

This witness (I knew because I have seen her before reading jw literature, she probably saw me as well before reading a jw book but we never spoke), she spotted somehow and knew that I was reading apostate books, I was on the far left of the train and she was on the far right, I have good peripheral vision and noticed her having a good look at me ( to advise spiritual policemen) and when I turned my head to the right she would quickly look away, this happened on two occasions.

After a week or so I was sitting in the same spot and on the far left there was another women who I had never seen before, I didn’t noticed her at all until I heard the noise of camera taking a picture (most likely a mobile making the noise of a camera when taking a picture, which most do), again I turned my head around to the right and she somehow magically fell asleep in an instance, one second she is taking a photo the other she’s asleep ahahah.

I feel like there’s a spiritual gun turned to my head, little do they know that I’m not even a un-bathtised publisher. I regret taking a book study and I have a funny feeling that my liberal studies are going to back fire on me, my parents being JW’s Im not certain what will happen.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/198595/1/Spiritual-spies

• flipper
    flipper

JOEY JO-JO - What an amazing experience you had on that train. Pretty creepy actually. It is so bizarre someone would take a picture of you reading Crisis of Conscience and stalk you like that ! But I believe it. I've seen some REALLY weird happenings in the Witnesses in the 44 years I was in it. I'd be cautious about what you tell your JW parents you are reading. You may not get the response you want or need in your life. Good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit