Were you Stalked or Chased After Once you Exited the JW's by Elders ?

by flipper 175 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

PANTS of RIGHTEOUSNESS- You are welcome ! It is great that you still are able to have normal contact with your families. Hopefully that will continue. It's good you folks are being cautious though because the switch can flip awfully quick if a JW family member gets self righteous wanting to play " God " themselves ! So I hope your successful fade continues.

SCOTT 77- You make very good points in regards to elders not being cautious about ex-JW's mental health and that due to anger - some ex-JW's MAY get violent towards elders or try to harm them. I truly believe MANY JW's ( including elders ) are very naive about ANY dangers out in the world as they are all so sheltered from reality inside the JW cult. Hope it doesn't happen, but it may take a few violent actions by disgruntled ex-JW's to drive home the importance of not stalking ex-witnesses. But knowing the WT society - they'd just say " Oh well Elder so and so will be resurrected in the paradise ! " They do not see the importance of living in the here and now for today.

NUGGET- That is really cool you & Cantleave have your children involved in school activities and holiday experiences now ! Right on. Keep the good work up mom & dad ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

I figured since this thread had over 14,000 views it might be something people would want to comment on . So feel free to share your experiences of your own or people you knew who were stalked by JW elders after exiting. Or any comment is welcome

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

• unshackled
    unshackled

Interesting Flipper....nearly 15,000 views?! Even though 7 pages of comments there must've been a plethora of lurkers on this one. (yeah, I said it...plethora)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

A couple of things. I told the elders strongly in a letter of resignation as an elder that I had doubts about the generation and about the double standard for elders' sins vs. publishers' sins. I told them that I wasn't fully applying the command (from the organization) to "know" the anointed and trust their guidance.

OnTheWayOut said the above. Can somebody tell me what that double standard means? I haven't heard this before. Thanks!

NC

• flipper
    flipper

FINALLYSOMEPRIDE - Thanks for marking it.

UNSHACKLED- I'm sure a lot of lurkers including many active JW's have seen this thread. It's my hope that by reading about unjust and abusive behavior by JW elders that it will tip some JW's still sitting on the fence to exit the organization and stop attending.

NEW CHAPTER- Well, from what I've seen the double standard of sin may include if an elder committed a DFing type sin years before - there are places in the new elders manual which it states that an elder may be forgiven or the sin from years before not held against him if it wasn't found out until years later- and he can continue serving as an elder. But if a rank and file publisher tries to get away with that- the penalty is usually much more severe- resulting in DFing due to " hiding " the sin from years before. Yet elders can and have gotten away with concealing sins from years before. Really a double standard for sure. Hope that clarifies a bit . At least this is what I've read and researched

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Flipper--most people I knew that hid something for years did not get DF'd---cuz they had years of "works befitting repentance" under their belt. HOWEVER, they ALWAYS faced a JC and were reproved and priviliges taken. They certainly did not qualify to be elders! schmucks!

• flipper
    flipper

NEWCHAPTER- Interesting point you make. I've seen that as well where an elder serves for years and is cut slack for a sin that came out years before. Usually not DFed, just reproved- if that. But imagine how subversive and damaging it would be to have an elder secretly sin for years with NEVER getting caught - yet he still sits in judgment of others on JC meetings. I've known a few in my time. They are usually the most self righteous elders too. Yet they are doing all this gobbledy gook behind the scenes. Very dangerous individuals. And it shows that the alleged " holy spirit " wasn't working because these guys served for years in congregations this way

• flipper
    flipper

Jamiebowers thread on a JW woman recently stalked by elders and who reported it to police motivated me to bump this thread back to the top as this thread has tons of experiences on it as well of ex-JW's being stalked by elders. Some of these experiences will shock you, some may not- however it's good for people to be aware of how dangerous and controlling elders are trained in being intrusive into people's lives. Any comments welcomed

• Violia
    Violia

I have someone who is calling me hoping I'll say something they can use to make it official. I am pretty sure another person is listening ( so they will have 2 credible witnesses) . They ask leading questions.

I've e had some of the jws I used to know drop in to visit and observe they are trying to snoop around, trying to find anything that could be used to make me officially df.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit