Were you Stalked or Chased After Once you Exited the JW's by Elders ?

by flipper 175 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

funny how things change. We were fine for a while and were successfully fading until my husband thought he was being kind to someone by giving out his JWN id. He wasn't aware the elders had accessed his private facebook account and from there joined the board surrepticiously and pulled off all his posts and from him mine.

We had repeated calls to the house and finally were invited to a JC which we refused to attend.

We were cyber stalked and then had the repeated visits and calls to the house. All the time telling us that this unwarranted intrusion was because they loved us. It was not love they were like children big with gossip unable to contain themselves. They did not seem to appreciate that after I had told them we wanted no part of their kangeroo court that they had no need for further contact. They were desperate that I should participate.

I think the worst thing you can do to them is pull the rug out from under them, they want to present the evidence and see you squirm. they want to ask their personal questions, they want you to turn on one another and they want to blackmail you emotionally. If you refuse to participate they just have to talk amongst themselves where is the fun in that?

We didn't attend meetings and cut social contact we were less of a threat to them that way sometimes I wonder why they bother. Now the local community is shocked by their actions and they are getting such bad publicity no one can understand their point of view.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Really nugget, the community is aware now? Is there a link to this discussion? Hope you are well!

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

My friend was dobbed in to the elders by my brother/sister in law. They observed her house Xmas decorated to its fullest glory. Once the elders knew the situation they hounded her. Her house phone & mobile were rang relentlessly. When she failed to answer the phone they turned up on her doorstep (unannounced) and knocked her door until she answered.

She promptly told them she wasnt interested & that they could shove it. They still wanted to help her and offered her a bible study! She said you should have been there when I needed you and to shove it where the sun dont shine. They kept pestering her and pestering her, so she wrote a letter to disassociate herself. They read out to the congregation this week that she was now disfellowshipped.

Her parents & any JW's she knows of are now shunning her and will no longer speak to her.... This happened to her before & they only respoke to her when she was re-instated. They will have a long wait this time as she will NEVER return now she knows the real Truth !!!

Cruel Blind fools is what they are...

• flipper
    flipper

PANTS of RIGHTEOUSNESS- Welcome to the board ! Nice having you here. Count yourself lucky that the elders only called on you once in 2 years and only wasted 5 minutes of your time. Although as you said I'm sure it turned on your lights to see how little elders really cared for you- that being said - at least you weren't harassed to the point of months and months of calls and JC meetings were set up. And harassing phone calls. That's how I was treated after not attending for 3 years ! And minding my own business ! I'm glad for you that you've been able to have a peaceful life. Count your lucky stars.

WOBBLE- I'm glad that the elders only called on you once, then haven't bothered you in 3 years. Being on this board definitely helped you from what you said - reading responses and other experiences of how people handled intruding elders. Good for you. I'm happy for you. The elders haven't bothered me either now for three and a half years. It's about time

• flipper
    flipper

NUGGET- I know you and your husband went through an extremely stressful experience with these dickhead elders. You handled it great though ! These mind controlled dweebs do get off on forcing a confrontation in person with witnesses at JC meetings because it gives the elders an ILLUSION of power and control over members. So I'm glad to hear you did not feed their egos. Good for you. Well done.

MAMALOVE- Yeah, check out Nugget & Cantleave's threads on what happened to them. It was surreal, sick, and twisted what former JW friends did to them.

SLEEPINGBEAUTY- I'm so sorry your friend was harassed so viciously by the elders. Wow. And the insane thing is once she told them she wasn't interested and asked why they didn't help her before- the thanks she gets is getting it announced she's DFed ! The elders are so vindictive if someone is on their radar and not " accepting " their alleged " help " - then they get pissed off and REALLY go after someone. I've seen that mANY times when I was a JW. It happened to me too ! I finally stood up to them because it pissed me off to that they were trying to DF me so my 80 something year old JW parents wouldn't speak to me. Fortunately- I won my appeal and was NOT DFed. But I went through hell to get it overturned. I hope you can keep being a good support and friend to your friend Sleepingbeauty, she will need all the quality friends she can get. I know you will help her. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Yeah Flipper that was one sorry picture of me. I could whip Sooner's butt for putting that on here! LOL Bring it on Ol' Lady! Love Ya!

Thanks for the kind words flipper. ((((((((((((flipper)))))))))))))

Crapola's a hell of a Lady by the way.

• flipper
    flipper

SOONER7NC- You are welcome bro. Hope things will be a little less stressful for you in the days ahead and the weekend. Hang in there buddy. Yeah Crapola is a really nice gal, very cool lady. I can just sense that from her posts since she's been on the board here. You folks take care and have a great weekend ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

Thanks for the welcome wobble and flipper. Having maintained a low profile within the congregation and socially before the fade has been to our advantage, as we are obviously not perceived as a threat as would be the case with those who had been prominent. After some initial upheaval, we still have normal contact with our respective families. Having read of the experiences of others, I know that so far we have been lucky but need to still be careful.

Pants.

• Scott77
    Scott77

My worrisome concern is, in persistently stalking of non Jw individuals against their will, are not they [stalking elders] putting their lives in danger? Are you they seeking or looking for martydom? If someone is angry and armed like many people have access to guns, would t not hat be something for them to be very careful of? Well, I may be speculating but, anything is possible to happen without warning. You never know. For one thing, people exiting the JW world ,are gradually transisting to a non-JW world system. Many be facing mental health issue. Its like starting a new life for them. I hope those hardcore stalkers take a second thought before continueing this irresponsible behaviour. By and large, stalking is both a federal and state crime. Is the Watchtower fully aware of this? I hope so.

Scott77

• nugget
    nugget

mamalove our community is pretty small so by telling the school, the local scouting association, a few well connected mums in the playground, the shop our employers and the neighbours everybody knows. I think they count on you feeling shame over what they did if you don't but explain that as you are no longer a witness you are free to participate in activities now that were once barred. People inevitably ask why not and when you say why not they are flabbergasted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit