At a 2 day assembly ...the point that the brother spoke about that drove me mad....."don't hug your husband, wife or child during prayer".

by crazy2try 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

Since the JW's and many other religions are so high on the OT, and in finding what constitutes sexual immorality, there is a whole list detailing that very thing in Leviticus, chapter 18. These laws were pretty detailed, including laws against bestiality. If oral sex was forbidden, then I'd say it stands to reason it would have been said so.

It was mostly about who you could have sex with, rather than how you could have sex.

Tammy

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You should have screamed "TELL THEM TO CLOSE THIER F*CKING EYES IDIOT!"

Then walked out. Trust me, you would laugh about it later!

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

about what tec said - YES! They even had guidelines about when it was "wrong" to have sex (i.e., during a woman's monthly time)...even stating that if you had an emission of semen you were unclean for a certain amount of time and were not to touch anyone!! If the rules were THAT strict and outlined (which, they obviously were!) then they DEFINITELY would have mentioned something about how not to put your mouth on someone's no-no place LOL

In regards to the hugging thing - BULLSH*T and I'll tell you why. According to the JW's/bible/whatev....marriage is a THREEFOLD CORD. Man + woman + GOD = marriage. By a married couple joining together by hands or a general embrace, it is acknowledging and initiating that special bond that should exist among the THREE. Besides, even if it's true that prayer should be a holy moment between an individual and God alone, aren't married people supposed to be ONE FLESH? By respectfully embracing, they are showing their respect and recognition of the unique bond they share with God.

To say that married couples should not do such a thing is, in effect, MAN trying to tear apart what GOD has "yolked together".

You cannot say God should be IN your marriage and then tell them their prayers are ONLY supposed to be between them as separate individuals and God. It's complete contradiction and stupidity.

Actually, it's pretty effin offensive and I'm not (nor have I ever been) married.

Sounds like that brother is bitter and/or just needs to get laid.

• nelly136
    nelly136

if it stops parents hugging their children during prayers then there will be no reason for anyone else to be hugging children during prayers either,

maybe not such a bad idea.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i thought this subject would open the eyes of my wife, so i invited her to read and giver her opinion....... it did not go the way I thought

she said: "this is good, you know when I was divorced and saw people being touchy made me feel sooooooooo awkward"

I tried reasoning with her, to no avail......

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

What amount of PDA (public displays of affection) people are comfortable with is individual, but there's nothing scriptural about imposing your own comfort level with a social convention on others.

You start making rules like that, and it's all about one person or one groups standard becoming enforced as the norm and people will get sick of that pretty soon.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Last month, I and my husband went to a JW funeral to support my ex-JW DF'd friend. I made it a point to hold my husband's hand during the song and prayer. So there!

• garyneal
    garyneal

Stupid stupid STUPID

About as shocking as what my wife revealed to me this morning. Now that she is baptized, she cannot go to parties because she will be hanging out with "worldly" people. I was like, "You can't go to parties?!?!" My wife could tell I was shocked by that and said that since I am not nor ever have been a witness, I would not understand.

By the way, did I not say how stupid this is?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The Finger:

"I think it is respect for God. If we were before the President or King or Queen of our respective country I don't think we would feel the need to hug each other when thanking them or asking for there help."

Not a fair comparison. Your relationship with your country's leader is quite different than your relationship with your Creator.

I doubt Jesus cared much if, while he was speaking, a husband reached over and clasped his wife's hand.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I've not been an elder or to a meeting in 15 yrs. Nowdays, is one of the duties each meeting to monitor those present during prayer? Why would this ridiculous personal invasion of family even be mentioned from a CA platform, unless there was some kind of check going on?

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Control, Control, Control. Cult, Cult, Cult.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit