At a 2 day assembly ...the point that the brother spoke about that drove me mad....."don't hug your husband, wife or child during prayer".

by crazy2try 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

How stupid is that?? Push the Little things... ignore the huge things..Blood issue, child molestation!!

Sick, sick Org:(

• sabastious
    sabastious

Hmmm, don't stumble people eh?

What about the people who were forced to allow a loved one to die from a lack of organ transplant only to find out that it become a conscience matter?

What about the people who's relationships suffered or even broke over the GB banning oral sex within the marriage? Only to find the ban eventually lifted and deemed "unscriptural."

Would things like THAT be considered stumbling?

I must quote this scripture:

How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, allow me to extract the straw that is in your eye,’ while you yourself are not looking at the rafter in that eye of yours? Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw that is in your brother’s eye.

God's spirit directed orginization indeed!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

When was this talk btw?

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

LOL...."out of the mouth of babes"

Amazing how an entire auditorium filled with adults cant' see what a child sees........

No wonder children loved Jesus.......he was real......and simple......

What a bunch of crap. Next up: how to wipe your butt.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Yip....this was based on New Light from last year.

From the Watchtower November 15 Study Edition.

19 When we are being represented in public prayer, we need to display reverential "fear of God." (1 Pet 2:17) There may be a proper time and place for some actions that would be inappropriate at a Christian meeting. (Eccl 3:1) For instance, suppose someone sought to have all in a group link arms or hold hands during prayer. This might offend or distract some, including visitors who do not share our beliefs. Some marriage mates might discreetly hold hands, but if they embraced each other during public prayer, those who got a glimpse of such conduct might be stumbled. They might think or get the impression that the couple was focusing on their romantic relationship instead of reverence for Jehovah. Out of deep respect for him, let us therefore "do all things for God's glory" and avoid conduct that could distract, shock or stumble anyone. - 1 Cor 10:31,32; 2 Cor 6:3.
  • iknowall558
    iknowall558

The fact is.....while they are spouting all this crap.....they are forgettting that, while being so wrapped up in not 'offending' visitors with any displays of affection..........they will invite these ones to the kingdom hall where they can listen to talks on oral sex and masturbation. I wonder what the visitor would find more offensive.....especially when the children need to take in this type of information.

• hotspur
    hotspur

And how about stumbling visitors who see couples/family 'disengage' just prior to a prayer or such like?

Pretty rich coming from an Organization that prides itself over it's promotion of family unity and love. Sick!

• Heaven
    Heaven

The first thing that comes to my mind here is that this organization is trying to kill the love anyone has for anyone else. Why would they do this? So you have even MORE time to go out in field serve-us instead of showing affection for one another. Makes me nauseous!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

They are actually setting up control systems to keep the remaining freaked into submission

now some super dubs and weak ones will be squinting in prayer, getting 'stumbled' coz some couple 'disobeyed' the faithful slave!

Watch out for squinty eyed elders too... they will be spying on ya! Back room for you buddy!

oz

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That WT article was instrumental in getting my wife to wake up and see the control. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster they're not just letting it die off due to the negative reaction!

Keep abusing the flock, you crazy old fools! More are waking up every day!

BTW, was there anything at your assembly about Facebook?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit