At a 2 day assembly ...the point that the brother spoke about that drove me mad....."don't hug your husband, wife or child during prayer".

by crazy2try 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

I attended one day of a two day assembly and did ok until the very last talk. The brother was from Bethal and well JW's pay closer attention to their talks, cause that is when some new info is given,,,right. Well anyways I lost focus and began to daydream, cause it became one of those talks that just talks about wasting time. I was so annoyed.

Anyways, the brother then started to talk about stumbling others. He goes on to say that you should not hold onto, hug, touch the hair of your husband, wife, child during the prayers, cause it might bother others who feel that prayer is a one on one connection between you and god. I always put my arm around my husband and vice versa. Or reach over and pull my children close.

My 10 yr old son ...who is listening ....leans over and says "Mom, how could it bother them if their eyes are closed?" I actually laughed out loud. He said exactly what I was thinking.

I thought the brother would only mention it just once,,,,but he repeated it several times even recapping at the end. I was so angry at the end. I think that was one of the worst talks I have ever heard. I was so mad about it. That was when I realised I can't take it anymore.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Can you imagine these instructions being given to the ancient Israelites while engaged prayer????? This is really bad. Control, control, control.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I don't know whose bright idea it was for this. Could it be Morris or Jackson? What the freaking hell?

Oh wait. It's a cult. Looking for logic here is an absolute waste of time. Control is the only thing that ultimately motivates the GB to do anything. Sure, THEY have their own reasons, but lets face it, common sense isn't at play here. Delusion is.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I recommend cattle prods up the arse and then sitting in a tub of water for all of them. Cures that anal retention immediately.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

This is outrageous...will the senseless regulations never cease? How can this not be perceived as anything but pharisaical?

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Well, you can always spot those virgins, can't you? Little twit was probably jealous that someone else was getting some.....

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The greatest delusion that the GB has ever had is that they are sitting on the throne of God's personal kingdom on earth.

All sorts of nonsensical aspirations have come out of that perceived notion for many years now.

My 10 yr old son ...who is listening ....leans over and says "Mom, how could it bother them if their eyes are closed?"

Even a young child can discern the nonsense of that, it really goes back to what has been already said of this,

its about control by a group of men who think they have the power of god in their hands.

My personal opinion on this ( and have seen JWS do this more than in the past ) is people might be doing this

to unite their prayers together to bring more relevance to them......just a guess

• flipper
    flipper

CRAZY2TRY- Good thread. It really shows what degenerates and control freaks the GB and leaders of the WT society have become. ALL TIME JEFF hit the nail on the head when he said it's all about control due to their being a cult. If they can de-senitize people's emotions from their flesh and blood relatives it's half the battle in convincing them that authentic human emotions are useless and cult relationships should take priority over family.

I notice this more and more in Jehovah's Witnesses the last few years controlling members to bury their human emotions and become robots to be programmed. Really disgusting. I pity anybody still in this dangerous mind control cult

• tec
    tec

My 10 yr old son ...who is listening ....leans over and says "Mom, how could it bother them if their eyes are closed?

We should pay closer attention to our children. Without any BS fostered inside them yet, they just cut to the chase.

Tammy

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I'm sitting here reading this topic and fondling my wife who is sitting next to me. Hope nobody is stumbled.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit