Natick, MA Assembly Hall

by Eiben Scrood 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I have a lot of memories of attending assemblies there for 30 years. Does anyone remember all the purple coloring? Remember that guy who used to wave a stick like he was conducting an orchestra except there was no orchestra, only a guy playing the piano and the audience singing?

I don't know if they still have that soft serve ice cream maker but it was a highlight to get an ice cream and then walk outside to the pond in back.

Way back I remember they used to serve salisbury steak as the hot meal and it was delicious!

The parking spaces were RIDICULOUSLY narrow! No one could fit and I think they actually fit less cars because of it.

There was a black guy that used to direct the parking for YEARS! I wonder if he still is there.

People used to sit in the cafeteria and talk while the program was going on.

One of my last assemblies was with the biggest asshole I've ever come across for a District Overseer. All he could talk about was whether people were meeting the national average in field service. There was no love in this man, just an obsession with statistics. He did a lot to help me make my decision to leave.

• minimus
    minimus

Eiben, I had been on that platform many times.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I was only on it once. I gave a demonstration at the pioneer day on a Friday. It got me noticed by a lot of single pioneer sisters but that was about the extent of its noveity.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

not to intrude, but I had many mice memories in Monroe, NY and they sold that hall

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Yep been there many times, baptized there too. Proud to say I never volunteered for the Restoration work. (actually I was under secret double probation at the time), But still didn't volunteer.

• minimus
    minimus

That 'restoration" work was voted in by all the elders-----not. It was RAILROADED in by a few select elders and the CO & DO. POLITICS at its worst!

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I volunteered twice. Once on the Friday before the assembly. I remember doing yard work and being told to not wear a shirt with any kind of slogan. They serve you lunch like you're in Bethel.

I went one day to help with the expansion.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

minimus - would you mind saying who the CO and DO were that helped push in through?

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Been there MANY times. My aunt made sure we sat our a&% right smack in the front.

Minimus.....thinking about it now, if you'd have fallen off, I may have caught you !!!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Anyone recall the doosh who lived there as caretaker/slavedriver? He treated volunteers like he owned the place and they were his personal servants. Needless to say I only volunteered there for a Friday workday JUST ONCE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit