Natick, MA Assembly Hall

by Eiben Scrood 31 Replies latest jw friends

• new light
    new light

Wow, I thought my bacon comment killed this thread for good. (Dr. Frankenstein voice)... "It's alive.....It's alive!"

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis
    Anyone remember Gerry Montopoli?

HA yes......

We got in trouble cause we jumped the fence and fed the Ducks...... the kids thought we were cool.........

elders and the Neighbor............DID NOT!!!!!!!!

• seenitall
    seenitall

the caretaker - ole Barron - as wide as he was tall!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Montopolis' owned the joint.

Yeah... He was a contractor by trade. I wonder whatever happened to him.

Coffee

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Went there for the better part of 30 years. I was on the program twice, I believe, once with a group of other young JW's playing musical instruments. I was the oldest in the group at 25, the rest were all teens, iirc. However, I was still single, so even at 25 that made me a "youth." I played guitar, a girl played accordion, and we had a couple of other instruments and we all sang. The song, of course, was "Serve Jehovah During Youth." It was one of the more fun times I had as a JW.

Lots of memories in that place, both good and bad. I also remember one time sitting in the parking lot during lunch break with a couple of my friends listening to a tape of Bill Cetnar explaining why JW's were false prophets.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Ha! I loved that assembly hall. It had the prettiest baptism pool ( which is where I got baptised ). I remember we had to check coats in. I remember the ice cream too! I always wanted to hang out in the cafeteria during the talks but there was no way my mom would let me. As an adult when I had kids I would go in there, but by then it had lost its allure. Actually when my son was two he slid off one of the tables ( which had no backs ) and hit his head on the metal on the bottom of the table behind us and we had to take him to the hospital to get stitches!

I also remember they piped in the talks and such into the bathrooms so you wouldn't miss a thing. It was really awkward when you were peeing and midstream they started to say a prayer! And I remember the conductor who had no orchestra too! And the lady who played the piano. I haven't stepped foot in that place in over 10 years, but the memories still stay with me to this day!

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I have to admit............. being baptized there was cool............ I saw those in Providence and Amherst get Baptized and thought..................that sucked!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

not to sidetrack this thread, but I had good memories of Monroe, NY and that place was sold for $$$$$$$$$$$$$

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I never got to the Monroe, NY assembly hall, though, ironically, I now live about a half hour from it. I no longer go to assemblies, however...

• dissed
    dissed

I went to Monroe and lived near it....but now am in Arizona.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit