Natick, MA Assembly Hall

by Eiben Scrood 31 Replies latest jw friends

• recovering
    recovering

I was baptized there, I remember how nice the pond looked before they fenced it in so no one could use it. I directed the tv control board once, I never did again due to the restrictions put on me. ( what shots to take, how many times you could change the camera angle) no wonder everyone talked in cafeteria during the sessions. The program on tv was the ultimate in boring. lol

• new light
    new light

Best assembly hall baptism pool ever, hands down. Interesting contours, built with real tiles, and part of the carpeted entryway (wow). I dreamed of being baptized there, but by the time I got around to it, we had been moved to the Monroe, NY hall. So I ended up getting dunked at the crappy New Haven Coliseum because it was no matter anymore ...yuk.

Somone mentioned volunteering for maintenance on Friday, and that reminded me for the first time in years of doing that. I have to admit, that was a lot of fun to the JW geek that I was. I really did like Circuit Assemblies as a kid, because for us it meant the only hotel stays and weekends of eating out that we would do all year, I guess. And then as a teenager assemblies meant a chance to be around a lot of girls that I would actually be allowed to date someday. Very exciting, hopeful times. Thanks for the trip down memory boulevard.

• new light
    new light

Also, I always thought the big main loudspeakers in Natick looked like bacon strips....carry on.

• minimus
    minimus

bacon strips...i thought the same!!!!

• detective
    detective

Well, I've never been a witness but I remember I was on route 30 in Natick and was behind a car with an ex-jw type bumper sticker. It may have been a silent lambs sticker, I'm not sure. I tried to inch up next to the car at the light to try to get a peek at the guy driving it. I wanted to roll down my window and say something (what?! I don't know) but the light changed. I wondered if it was someone who was on this board...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

God that pink/purple decor was fugly.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My dad designed the lighting system for that assembly hall. I drive by it every so often, as I cover that territory for my job. It has been renovated and has a new look.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Anyone remember Gerry Montopoli?

Coffee

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

OH GOSH! I remember Natick. I was baptised there. I was up on stage there a dozen times or so. Lots of memories there!!!! Remember having to check in your coats!!! hahahaha

• minimus
    minimus

Montopolis' owned the joint.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit