Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

*chirping crickets*

• Heaven
    Heaven

Apparently theMadJW talks to himself a lot and sleeps for days at a time.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Sorry churchoids, I don't live here as YOU do!

2 Pet 3:11- Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12- as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 - But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

Every person who has ANY kind of faith KEEPS looking forward to that day, keeping it close in mind and heart. The DRAWBACK is the imagination, which often sees it when its not. Thus , I admire those that stood atop their homes in sheets, expecting the 'Rapture'; even tho mislead by clergy, their hearts must have been sincere to do THAT!

Your turn, jackyls- if YOU believe the Bible do YOU believe these are the Last Days...or are they still a future time?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Next!

Speaking personally, since I have read the Bible thru many times, the last several checking the ZHebrew and Greek, and looking up history articles about the ancients peoples and places, I can ASSURE you there is NO scripture we EVER ignore!

But there is so much Coprolite on this site (this topic, for example) that almost any claim is made.

WHRE is a scripture we ignore?

O where O where can the churchoid s be, O where O where can they beeeeeeeee? If their ears grow short, and their-

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Sorry to disappoint all you JW-Bashers and churchoids, but I AM (OOOPS! I'm not claiming to be God-John 8:58) a JW, and I don't count this time; it is more entertainment than preaching!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I am still waiting with breathless anticipation in regards to Acts Chapter 1....

IF the WHOLE of what I posted is too much, take your pick of one:

7 He replied, “It is not for you to know the times or periods that the Father has set by his own authority.

or:

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

or:

11 They said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up toward heaven? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Well, Ps- what point?

The Rapture? Overboard on Dates?

Glad you're holding your breath- don't give up!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If Jesus made it clear that "times and periods" are for his Father to know and set by HIS authority and NO ONE elses business, why do the JW's proclaim the end so much and even make predictions about it ?

SInce Jesus said that the apostles and subsequent believers would be witnesses to HIM, JESUS, why do JW's call them selves by a name created by a Catholic Monk ?

SInce the angels made it clear that when Jesus returned we would see him JUST AS HE LEFT, why fo JW's proclaim an invisible return in 1914 ?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

1- The Bible says to keep the Day CLOSE in mind

2-Jesus gave SIGNS to LOOK for; we feel they are here

3- Because the Name "Jehovah" is the ENGLISH version, despite it's origin.

4- Only SOME of his followers were present and a cloud IMMEDIATELY hid him from sight; THAT is how he has (or will) return; remember "parasouia"?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    1- The Bible says to keep the Day CLOSE in mind

And also says NOT to predict or follow anyone doing just that.

2-Jesus gave SIGNS to LOOK for; we feel they are here

Do you now? you feel them? Does the GB knwo that YOU feel them?

3- Because the Name "Jehovah" is the ENGLISH version, despite it's origin.

So why not use the more correct Yahweh or at leat just stick with Jah, since at least Jah is IN the NT.

4- Only SOME of his followers were present and a cloud IMMEDIATELY hid him from sight; THAT is how he has (or will) return; remember "parasouia"?

Sorry? what does that have to do with what they were told by the angels?

They were told and Paul taught the same that, when Jesus would return it would be the SAME WAY he left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit