New Here!! And finally I can post.

by Crisis of Conscience 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

CoC- welcome to the board. I understand exactly how you feel about needed an outlet. I did pretty much the same thing as you. I was a pioneer and MS and pretty active giving public talks, conducting a bookstudy group, accounts servant, etc., all the while doing research and investigation regarding the Society's history and development. Ray Fran'z books are a real eye opener huh?

Regarding your wife, just be patient and don't be too forceful. Like your situation, I informed my wife about my feelings that didn't go too well in the begining. With time she came to see through the false reasoning of the society. Although I DA'd about a year ago, my wife continues to attend meetings but only for the sake of her family. She has totally rejected the organization already in her heart and mind. So just be patient with her.

Also don't give up God just because some others have decieved you before. Many choose different paths, some stay in christianity and others find different ways like myself. Although I left Christian beliefs, I didn't leave the belief of the One True God as believed by the prophets of old. i came to embrace Islam as my religion. The Islamic belief in one perfect God for all creation who has no partners just made sense to me.

Anyway, gald to have you here.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Hey, how did you get an apostate heart? LOL! Welcome.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, Brother Conscience!

(tee hee)

Love,
    Baba.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome to the world CoC ...I'm new too ...the people on here are supportive and caring...I hope you enjoy your journey to freedom.

Loz x

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hi and welcome. I agree with advice above; be patient with your wife and she may yet come around. There are many of us here who have been in your situation and you will come through it.

MM.

x

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Welcome CoC...nice to have you on board.

• dissed
    dissed

Welcome aboard!

I think you found that most here, do not meet the WTS description of Apostasy. Few are in the 'flaming rage stage'. Most are genuine good-hearted people that had questions, honest questions, and were not getting answers from the WT.

Looking for ward to getting to know you better.

dissed

• ataloa
    ataloa

Welcome, CoC.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome to JWN, CoC, and also welcome to the agnostic camp. There is plenty of room for all!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome. You sound like you are on the same route I took a few years ago, sparked by the very same question. I was in Bethel and an adulterer was made and elder. I asked several bethel elders how that can be when the holy spirit does the selection. The answer was that holy spirit is active in that the Bible provides the guidelines for being made an elder - a convenient answer but not what is the official teaching. The teachings change when it suits. I did a lot of research at http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/directed-by-holy-spirit.php and found that the Watchtower contradicts itself on the subject, depending on whether it is trying to demand unquestioning obedience or justifying errors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit