New Here!! And finally I can post.

by Crisis of Conscience 44 Replies latest jw friends

• goldensky
    goldensky

Hello, Crisis of conscience! It's great to have you here! I was fully (fully, fully) in and loving it until just a few months ago and I never thought all these people would bring me so much joy, teach me so much and make me laugh and cry like they do. I thought "apostates" meant something so different... Enjoy your time on board!

• 70-Years-Of-Servatude
    70-Years-Of-Servatude

Hi Crisis, I'm also new. I also have those questions about Holy Spirit. I'm an elders son and was appointed an MS. I knew then that the spirit had nothing to do with my appointment because I was up to no good. It also had nothing to do with my disontinued use as an MS. I too lurked here for a while and learned more about the bible in a few months than in an entire lifetime as a JW.

• chickpea
    chickpea

welcome aboard...

i am with you in the "i hate religion"
    column to be sure...

thank you for your consideration
    of your wife's feelings in your
    journey of discovery...

she could likely feel her world is upturned
    the further you journey away from the m0thership

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome, CofC.

Sylvia

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hello!

From,

Palm

• dgp
    dgp

Welcome, Crisis of Conscience. I'm an unbeliever but I post here as well.

As t how the hillbilly the holy spirit (or Holy Spirit) operates, I had the same question about the College of Cardinals of the Catholic Church. How come the Holy Spirit could choose Alexander Borgia? Or, as Christopher Hitchens asks in his "god is not Great", how come the Holy Spirit appointed Pius XII as pope just when he was most instrumental for the Nazis? Did the Holy Spirit want that?

It's interesting how many of the most fervent believers end up having similar doubts about similar things.

Stick around because it will help you. Hopefully your dear wife will leave as well.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to JWN, CoC! In my world HS means Host System. It's all perspective. I think you'll find a lot of people dislike religion on the whole -- I'm definitely one of them.

I'm hoping your wife can stop drinking the Kool-Aid a long with you. This would be awesome!

• peaches
    peaches

welcome coc.....it takes a while to adjust to everything.....hope it goes well for you.....

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Welcome to the board CoC!...you will find it quite interesting as you hear about the stories and paths those on here have taken.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit