What is your race?

by asilentone 89 Replies latest jw friends

• PEC
    PEC

Zeroday, that would be crackhead.

Philip

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm Black, and wanted to take the time to tell you before I hit the sack that I hate crackers. You no good peckerwood mudda cluckers.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I’m white but not completely anglo-saxon because I’m also part Greek. The part of Greece my ancestors came from was ruled by the Turks, so I might be part Turkish as well.

I have white skin but if I do it gradually, I can tan up to a lovely golden brown (but I’m scared of skin cancer so I stay out of it as much as I can).

White (sorta) and proud of it.

• dissed
    dissed

For me, its my heritage.

On my fathers side......

My grandfather was 100% Nowegian and my grandmother was 100% French (a war bride from Alsace-Lorraine)

On my mothers side.......

Both her parents were from England

So, if you do the math with me?

That makes me:

English 50%

Norwegian 25%

French 25%

But 100% American with a white complexion and sandy blond hair. I'm 6'3" of slender build, and have rugged cowboy looks. lol

Silentone - I think I will do a thread asking for everyones Social Security Number next??

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just see you as a great, insightful, rather sexy, person.

Aw shucks Beks ya made me blush

But 100% American with a white complexion and sandy blond hair. I'm 6'3" of slender build, and have rugged cowboy looks. lol

Dissed, you sound good enough to eat.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Once a friend of ours asked my, then, little daughter how Mum and Dad were looking. Mum is brown and Dad is pink she replied.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

There is no such thing as race. If you want to know what skin color people have you should just ask. Mine is very white. I would like to be more golden brown though. Some of those Asian girls have the most beautiful skin. I guess that makes me prejudiced.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm homo-sapien

I know what you meant. Just being smart.

I'm white mostly: German, Irish, Native American

Basically, I'm a mutt.

Anyone who thinks this is too personal of a question: WELCOME TO DEAF CULTURE!

We are apt to ask anything just to get to know you better and share information (No, not SS#'s!). It's a custom that originated about 60 years ago or so with the advent of Deaf clubs.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

My immediate reaction was to say I'm British/Welsh but then I saw that colour was coming into it...nah we're all part of the same one aren't we? There shouldnt even be such a question but hey it's the world we live in I suppose and that makes me kinda 'pink'. x

• White Dove
    White Dove

I find it interesting, like a human interest topic. I see no harm in it or anything. My major in college was sociology and so I like to watch people and how they look, dress, learn, eat, behave, live, love, laugh, etc.

The human race is terribly fascinating. How does the color of your skin influence your food preferences? Heritage plays such a big role in our lives. You will probably eat similarly to what your parents fed you, and they will eat according to how their parents fed them. It's neat to see how it goes back through the generations to the foreign countries that our ancestors came from.

The Germans tended to migrate through the northern part of the U.S., so you will find a lot of German heritage people along the northern states from NY to WA State. Might those states tend to appreciate saurkraut more than the southern states? I hate the stuff, by the way, but it is very popular in my family and in some restaurants across the north.

Maybe the question could be worded: What nationalities make up your heritage? But it's easier just to ask your race (I know it's a bogus word).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit