What is your race?

by asilentone 89 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Oh, my family's only claim to genetic fame is that I'm distantly related to Butch Cassidy, who started out as a horsethief and went on to bigger and better things, and didn't look a damn thing like Paul Newman.

Really really distantly, he was the cousin of a great great great uncle in my family, which is from the same place his was, West Valley Utah, which used to be called Granger back in those days.

I also had a Scots great grandmother who was a distant descendent of the Earl of Hay of the Hay clan of Scotland. I guess we have a tartan that is kind of an olive green and orange thing. (I actually like it, but someone told me it looks like peas and carrots! LOL) My great grandmother was quite proud of being a Hayes, she named one of her sons Hayes to carry on the name since she had no brothers who had children.

Weirdly, my mother in law's Scots half is also from the Hay clan, so I apparently married a very distant relative in spite of meeting him halfway across the country. I gather most of us are very distant cousins in America, though, if you're of mostly European descent.

It's okay...14th cousins don't count.

• noni1974
  • noni1974
    noni1974

Oppps don't know what happened. Sorry!!!

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

I'm so white I glow in the dark! I'm mostly from German ancestry, with English/Irish mixed in there.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

According to the US Census I'm Caucasian even though I'm actually Mexican and a little American Indian. My husband is Black so you can imagine all the boxes I was checking for the kids.

Was a bit confusing..

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I'm white with alittle Brazilian in me........... no wait thats wrong, I put a little white in a Brazilian... sorry.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Homo sapiens

Ancestry is north European.

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

I'm Puerto Rican/Chilean by injection only..LOL feeling childish!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Half Ojibway, half German

Treaty Indian in the eyes of the Canadian government but am really an "apple", red on the outside, white on the inside.

The other half wants to go to Poland for some reason,...

LOL

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Swedish on my dad's side. English on my mother's side. There are family stories that say there is also American Indian on my mom's side. My son is doing some genealogical research, and has traced my mother's mother's line to Stephen Hopkins who arrived on the Mayflower. On my mother's father's side he has traced it back to British royalty in the 1500s. Hasn't found the Indian yet...still looking...

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit