What is your race?

by asilentone 89 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Ardeo Navis,

I see you have been brushing up on your Latin and keeping your lingua sharp.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

My ethnicity: Italian-American (Sicily, Naples, Calabria). I had one of those tests done a few years ago and was told I am mostly European with a little East-Asian and Sub-Saharan African. What do I look like? A paleface similar to a brown-eyed redhead.

Am I white? I guess according to the U.S. census and most people who see me I am. But, I am not so sure the white supremacist hall of fame would have me, ha, ha.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

http://www.metrolyrics.com/burn-the-ships-lyrics-steven-curtis-chapman.html

Wow. First I hear of it. Listening to it on youtube now.

That's exactly what I mean. Just goosebumps wow.

BTS

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I sent my saliva to family tree dna they sent me a fancy certificate with my mtdna rows of dna sequences and it said i was haplogroup h, I also received some maps of different haplogroup pathways and some confusing info and really I still don't know who I am.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Burn.

LOL at Nancy.

Sylvia

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Cartoon animation

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm a white dude. My mom has a bit of German blood, but the rest is Scottish/Irish (mutt).

An Uncle of mine recently visited Scotland. Below is what he learned about my paternal grandmother's people, The MacPhails (which they shortened to McPhail, at some point).

It sounds like my people were "rode hard and put away wet". Perhaps this explains my natural distaste for authority.

The MacPhails were part of the Jacobite Army, either in Clan Chattan or Cameron. We lost that battle, the clan system was eliminated and our ancestors were driven from the land. We were supporting " Bonnie Prince Charles " from Rome (Catholic) under the Clan system. The Duke of Cumberland (Protestants) were the victors. The losers were relegated to a subsistence patch of ground to live and provide for themselves and then removed during the clearances. Check these websites for further information on the Phails, the Battle of Culloden and the Clearances. http://www.clanphail.org/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Culloden http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

On one side: Irish and Scottish

On the other side: Romanian (gypsy) and Chekoslovakian

Hahaha! I WILL get drunk and steal your wallet!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Sounds like you are of typical old school American stock, LeavingWT. Lots of people on the other side of the argument had to pack up and sail too. You've probably got plenty from that side as well. Those are the folks that made up the first big wave that settled these shores and "fixed the culture". That distaste for authority is what built this place.

Scots/Irish history, by the way, fascinates me.

BTS

PS--Oh, and my ancestors (or rather, the monarchs) provided plenty of funding for your Jacobites to fight. All that New World gold ended up getting spent on wars. Same side of the Catholic/Protestant divide.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

The Human Genome project determined that 1/3 of all "White" Americans have some African ancestry, and 2/3s of all "Black" Americans have some European ancestry.

Not suprising, there was not only a lot more "race mixing" in the 17 and 1800s than some people would like to think in America, there was also a lot of "passing" of light skinned people of color as "White" so they could have better social and employment opportunities.

My husband has a lot of Native American ancestry on both sides of his family, Cherokee and Pohawatomi. He's also French, English and Scots.

I'm just your generic whitey, Irish, Scots, English, Welsh and German.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit