What year Did you Stop Attending Meetings - How Long were you a JW ?

by flipper 138 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I stopped in 83 after 31 years in the tower. Born in the lie.

I wish I would have stopped in 76, but I didnt know how to stop then.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I was born in. I left in 1998 at the age of 23. I Da ed myself. I was in for 23 years.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I started studying and attending meetings in 76, I was 10 years old. Got baptized in 1981, I was 15 years old. left in 2006, wasted 30 years in that horrendous cult. Thanks for bringing back all the memories flipper.

Time to see my therapist again, will call first thing Monday morning. I think we may have to start all over again.

• wobble
    wobble

I was born in, I left at age 58, just over two years ago in 2008, the Theo.Sch./Serv. mtng. after the Memorial.

Neither me nor my wife, who was born in and in for the same time, have set foot in a KH since. We may have to attend a family funeral sometime,as we both have very elderly parents, and siblings that are no spring chickens, but we will hate doing so.

Wobble

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Born in, left in 2000 at age 30 after being inactive for a year.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Born in. Baptised at 23 in 2004. Stopped being regular during 2007 stopped the little FS at this time.

Finally stopped going completely at end of 2008. Went to memorial 2010 to please parents but will only set foot in hall for that or funerals.

• Gordy
    Gordy

I was first contacted by JWs in March 1971, I was 20.

I was baptised 9th. January, 1972.

I stopped attending meetings August 1999.

I disassociated in September 2001.

Though before that I had been baptised as a Christain on 6th. January,2001.

Nearly 29 years to the day I was baptised a JW.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Stopped service, meetings and association 2008. Born in- 43 years.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I started associating in the late 70s and left in 2007.

• four candles
    four candles

Born in,and aged 50 now. Last meeting was a convention in 2007,but hadn't been to a meeting before that for 3 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit