What year Did you Stop Attending Meetings - How Long were you a JW ?

by flipper 138 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I'm trying to compare some statistics and figures on this to share later in the thread to see if more long-time witnesses are exiting- or are newer witnesses exiting after a shorter period of time. AND - Are more people exiting in the last 10 to 15 years than before. So your answers would be helpful in looking into this . What year did you stop attending ? And - How long were you a JW ? And give me your opinion from your own experience and let me know what you think about this from your observations. Thanks again , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

I was in from birth 44 years . Stopped attending in 2003.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

I stopped 2004 after 28 years on the inside...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

stopped 2008 in for 27 years

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

stopped in 2006 after 23 years

DV

• moshe
    moshe

I stopped in 1988 after 16 years in the KH.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I stopped in 2006 after after 16 years, having been baptised in 1990. Summer time.

Scott77

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I quit attending regularly 6 years ago, but was often inactive long before that. I was baptized in 1976.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Stopped in 2009, after 32 years in.

sigh

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was a JW for close to 20 years when I attended the 2007 Memorial. I intended for that to be my last meeting.
    I attended one more after that. I attended the 2008 Memorial for reasons I had posted on here. I also went to
    a JW wedding sometime in 2008.

But I am much better now and just don't go.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Born in and in it for 37 years of my life until I quit in October, 2005.

I always strived to do the right thing, but the "right thing" was never something appealing to me. It was a struggle to keep going to the khall when all I wanted out of life was fun and joy. I quit for 1 year from 2001-2002 and hung out with hippy friends who I really did like a lot.

With pressure from my parents (I was 33 at the time), I finally caved and got really tough with myself and got going to meetings and service, again. I kept it up until 2005 when the lack of love ID'd them for what they were: Pharisees bent on keeping the single mothers squished under their fists with controlling rules. Lack of love, too, for not cooperating with the real needs of individuals in the congregation who happened to be single mothers with a disability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit