Lazarus Returns From the Dead

by cameo-d 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

The man on the right covered from head to toe is standing with his back facing us. He is leaning over talking to the man to his right as he points at Lazarus. Notice that his left foot is pointing in the same direction as the man's foot standing next to him. There is nothing wrong with the position of any of his hands if viewed in this manner.

As far as finding meaning in the details of the account as it is found in the Bible, I find your observations interesting, but believe that many of the inconsistencies are due to the fact that the account is fabricated.

pseudo

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

pseudo: "The man on the right covered from head to toe is standing with his back facing us."

That is impossible. Look at the direction of the bend in his elbow.

Pseudo: " He is leaning over talking to the man to his right as he points at Lazarus."

If you cannot see his face, then you certainly cannot see his mouth. How do you figure he is talking? Can you see his lips moving? Can I borrow your glasses?

Pseudo: " Notice that his left foot is pointing in the same direction as the man's foot standing next to him"

There is no foot shown on this figure. His robe goes to the floor.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Okay, I guess it makes more sense to assume that his hand is on backwards and he walks around with his face covered up. His face being covered also explains why he is not facing the subject of the painting (Lazarus) like almost everyone else, but starring (if you can stare with your face covered) off in to nowhere.

The idea that there is some hidden message is a lot more exciting then just attributing these anomalies to poor artistry.

Enjoy your speculations.

pseudo

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Pseudo: "The idea that there is some hidden message is a lot more exciting then just attributing these anomalies to poor artistry.

Enjoy your speculations. "

Poor artistry? When you look at the details of the painting, the rich colors, the balance and perspective, do you get the sense that this person is untrained? Do you think the face of the figure is covered because he could not paint faces well? Or could it have been done to draw you into a mystery that should be examined? Does anyone else have their hands painted backwards? Could the painter have done this to single out someone? And especially to execute an out of place left hand--- a metaphor that has a sinister connotation?

Even though the subject of this painting is supposed to be Lazarus, and Lazarus is the visual focal point being in the center of the painting and well detailed, the actual focus of intrigue is the abnormality of the figure to the right. This is the actual message in the painting. In essence, the artist is saying "there is something more to be known than what has been told".

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This is the danger to this stupid made up bullshit story. Whoever made this story up had to tread carefully (to avoid stepping in zombie powder...) I mean lazarus was presumably a good guy right so by bringing him back wasn't jesus in effect PUNISHING him by pulling him out of heaven? Or was lazarus in hell?

I think thats why there is so little detail in this made up POS story...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah pictures painted hundreds and hundred and HUNDREDS of years later show secrets... Like all those white people running around, that's a secret right there. I mean how stupid is this entire discussion?

• journey-on
    journey-on

cameo-d, painters of this period made money by painting for the Church...cathedrals, chapels, etc. However, I have to wonder of many of them weren't "closet" pagans or at the very least, simply humanists. Perhaps, they were indeed cloaking some of their philosophy into their art, but doing it in a subtle way that wouldn't result in their condemnation and expulsion.

(Kind of like the subliminal stuff in The Watchtower )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit