Lazarus Returns From the Dead

by cameo-d 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• acolytes
    acolytes

cameo-d

Actually your over active imagination is appreciated-

The answers to your questions can only exist because you INVENTED the questions.

Acolytes

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    Actually your over active imagination is appreciated-

Only by imbeciles who live in fantasy land, not reality.

Judge Dread

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    I do wonder why there is nothing written about what happened to these ones who experienced death and then returned.

You don't expricence anything when you die. Jesus compared death to sleep. Lazarus would tell them the same, that death was like sleep.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Acolytes: "Actually your over active imagination is appreciated-"

Thank you. Then, I shall continue with something else I have found....

------------------------

When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled. (John 11:33)

I researched this phrase "groaned in the spirit" and it was not what I had imagined it to be. I would have thought it meant grief or sadness, but apparently, according to several sources, it does not.

"The Greek word for "groaned in the spirit" signifies wrath or anger..."

"...denotes to be angry or indignant or to reprove severely, denoting violent agitation of mind."

"meaning to "snort with anger"..."

"..."snort like a horse" implying anger and indignation."

If Lazarus had died due to natural causes, would this be an appropriate reaction? I don't think so.

There is more to this story and it is written between the lines.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    There is more to this story and it is written between the lines.

I looked, and I didn't see anything between the lines.

Maybe you were referring to what YOU saw between the lines of coke.

Judge Dread

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

More questions from the passages (John 11:28-31)

And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.

(Secretly? Why did Martha keep it hush-hush that Jesus was in town?)

As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.

Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.

(Why did Jesus not come to the house as he usually would? Why all this clandestine behavior?)

The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.

(Who were these Jews? Were they pharisees or governing officials? Were they members of the SS (secret society) who had infiltrated those offices? Why were they still hanging out at Mary and Martha's house four days after Lazarus had been buried? Were the women being watched? Is this why the women had to secretly meet Jesus away from the house? Did this group of men cause Lazarus's death in order to bait Jesus to come into town? Could this be why Jesus made specific reference to traveling in the daylight and not continuing his journey there through the night? Is this why it took him longer to get there?

Does it not seem odd that even if these men suspected Mary was going to the grave to weep that they would keep tabs on her by following her? The fact that they were still at the house after four days and tailing Mary, not even letting her have time alone, seems very suspicious to me.)

• acolytes
    acolytes

Judge Dread

Because I appreciate cameo-ds post it does not make me an imbecile who lives in a fantasy land.( That is rude)

Whilst the world is no longer regarded as flat it may one day be proven it is not round either.

Actually some of the most creative music and the worlds famouse paintings have been created between the lines of coke-(Or other mind altering drugs)

Acolytes

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Raising of Lazarus

by Caravaggio

A couple of things really strike me about this painting. Just as in many crucifix paintings (from 1100 to 1600) there is tell tale symbolism of the skull and crossbones. Between the femur and the skull, there seems to be a chalice. The figure holding Lazarus has his foot on the chalice.

Possibly this chalice represents the same one the Harlot holds and the symbolism of the broken chalice is that the death of this innocent one has been thwarted. Or the chalice could be a revealing of a poison drink.

There is an interesting commentary on this painting at this website: http://traumwerk.stanford.edu/philolog/art/

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

One account said when he rose from the grave Lazarus began yelling: "BRAINS......EAT MORE BRAIAAANS!" And tried to eat Peter's head, so Jesus had to shoot him in the head with a shot gun.

Another account says his last meal was a "Puffer fish" which can cause fake death like symptoms....he awoke and yelled: "Happened again, God damn Japanese food!"

I think that answers tht question Cameo.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

ROTFLOL @ Witness007

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit