Why the Memorial partaker numbers have gone up...

by undercover 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

Dagney:

So they were up all night mourning the fact he will not be in the new system with everybody. **sigh**

This is one reason why I find it interesting that the number of partakers is increasing.

When I was a true believing JW, I had NO desire to go to heaven. I also knew that it caused quite a bit of emotional pain for the non-anointed spouses of those with the "heavenly calling".

Who knows. Maybe the desire to appear extra special drives some to get the spirit.

om

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I now partake... in a far, far different ritual! And I don't even believe in heaven. A ticket to heaven has nothing to do with it, from my perspective.

• Dagney
    Dagney

More this afternoon. Apparently they have two sons who are out, (thank goodness). They came to the memorial, one sitting next to the guy, and when the son saw him drink the wine, he started crying. The newly anointed responded to his sister when asked "how" he knew he was, he responded, "that is between Jehovah and me."

So now the talk was "there are going to be anointed that live through the GT, so we may be able to be with him for 200 or more years." Wow...where the mind goes...it's like a fairy tale where you just "think it," and so it will be. And "even though we are sad now, Jehovah will make us happy no matter what." I'm like, "uh huh." I mean, what can you possibly say to that?

om,

Me neither...no heavenly desire...I wanted my pet tiger and swiss chalet. Congrats to you and your family on the"escape" of you all from the clutches of the cult.

• agonus
    agonus

Do y'all think maybe that there Jesus fella might have somethin' to do with it? ;)

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I have been wondering, what if more JWs are taking more notice of what the Bible says, regardless of what the FDS says, and are recognizing the Bible’s message of a heavenly life when they die?

Perhaps people are becoming more aware of the Bible’s message, and they are ignoring the WTS and acting on their own conscience, based on their own interpretation of the scriptures.

I don’t think the idea of these people being mentally ill will stick. Too many are partaking, and if these ones are normal JWs, then the JWs in their congregations may start thinking about things.

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

It's apparent from the scriptures that neither Jesus nor the first century Christians viewed the resurrection as something that would grievously separate believers for all eternity. That in itself makes the idea of two hopes difficult to accept.

Just as there are those that partake who have symptoms of mental illness, there are no doubt those that exhibit signs of self-importance in many areas of their lives who also partake. However, some, in sane and sober moments, have had emotional experiences that they could only (at the time) interpret as a calling from god. It's not surprising that they may decide to partake after such an experience.

• teel
    teel

Sometimes new studies, and visitors have mistakenly partaken.

Afaik they are not counted as partakers, so they don't change the numbers. Truly it's a decision between a person and Jehovah

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The answer I got was that the Governing Body forgot to "carry the 1" and made a calculation error.....well they didn't go to College did they!

• chickpea
    chickpea

maybe some of the an0inted in heaven want a new gig
    so there are now entry level positions in the b0rg

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Why are the numbers going up?

Because the borg doesn't have the tight control over its members that it would like to have. If they could prevent the increase they would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit