Why the Memorial partaker numbers have gone up...

by undercover 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Bullshit done religiously

The boys at the Tower must really get pissed when they see those numbers keep on rising,

blows their viability right to shit when that happens.

Pretty soon they are going to institute a surprise memorial on the flock just to

keep the numbers down.

• flipper
    flipper

The WT society has no one to blame but themselves for the worldwide partaker numbers going up about 3,000 over the last 6 years or so. if they had left their damned 1935 " sealing of the anonted " policy intact and STAYED by that saying it was finished in 1935 - they might have averted an increase. However they felt their hand was FORCED to open up the " sealing " or collecting of the anointed in order to extend the " generation " teaching due to the big A not coming before the end of the 20th century.

So their greed for more power and control over rank and file members by extending the sealing of the anointed to make the alleged " generation " last for years more with no end in sight- is what's done this to them

• Gayle
    Gayle

The boys at the Tower must really get pissed when they see those numbers keep on rising,

Why do they even publish the number of partakers? They wouldn't have to. The rank and file probably wouldn't even notice it not being listed any more in the Annual Report.

It would seem to bring up questions from their own members. Has the Watchtower tried to even address lately about these numbers increasing?

Wasn't there some remark recently in the Watchtower, something about "faithful and discreet slave" not being any more (spiritual or some other wordage) than the "great crowd?"

• andy5421
    andy5421

They would notice it missing in the yearbooks

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

In an online exchange with an active Witness, i inquired about this. This was her reply:

"(ONLY JEHOVAH and JESUS WOULD KNOW IF SOMEONE IS PARTAKING WITHOUT BEING "CALLED" AND ONLY THEY KNOW WHEN THAT NUMBER IS COMPLETE.) not the Watchtower. Sometimes new studies, and visitors have mistakenly partaken. Does that mean the Organization is wrong? "

• besty
    besty

any thinking JW (ok that narrows it down right away) will come up with 'genuine anointed theory' to salve his cognitive dissonance if the Writing Dept have been doing their job properly, which they have.

but most JWs don't think about this kind of stuff - http://www.captivesofaconcept.com/AboutTheBook.html

next question.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I just talked with a "sister" who had left me a message to "call her as soon as possible." She is an acquaintance (husband elder) who had reached out in friendship over the past 9 months. We are both close to another sister who has been going through a rough patch, and for some reason, she just started calling me. I have told her several times that I don't go to meetings, just so she is clear who she is talking with.

So anyhoo, she says "GUESS WHO STARTED PARTAKING??!!" I had no idea, I've been out for almost 9 years and live 100 miles away. She said it was her brother, I don't know him. So his whole family is in shock, wife didn't know, kids...etc...nobody!!!! He just went to the KH and drank the koolaid last night, errr...I mean wine. So they were up all night mourning the fact he will not be in the new system with everybody. **sigh**

I told her the number of the partakers are up, (I didn't have exact figures), something like 2-3K over the past few years. She said, "hmmmm..."

• zagor
    zagor

What I do remember from my days back it was that just about every one of those suffered from some sort of mental illness, so I wouldn't imagine it's much more different now

• sir82
    sir82
    any thinking JW (ok that narrows it down right away) will come up with 'genuine anointed theory' to salve his cognitive dissonance if the Writing Dept have been doing their job properly, which they have.

Except then, our "thinking JW" thinks a little more.

"How do I tell a 'genuine anointed' from a 'faker'? Hmm, maybe I can't - after all, it's 'between the person and Jehovah', right? So if there's all these 'fake anointed' running around, what guarantee do I have that the 'partakers' who happen to be sitting on the Governing Body are 'genuine'?"

See where thinking gets you?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sometimes new studies, and visitors have mistakenly partaken. Does that mean the Organization is wrong? "

Thats still a lame and fraudulent excuse being that the numbers partaking had supposedly been fulfilled

way back in the 1930's, as Flipper mentioned in his post.

The numbers were supposed to be going down and they were at one time, signifying the rapid close of this system of things.

In reality its just one of the many convoluted BS facets to cull followers to the organization.

If the WTS is around a hundred years from now the population of JWS will be even more than it is today which pretty much

equates to more partakers, making todays partakers look small in comparison.

Remember religion is a psychological emotion expressed individually, true rationality is always made absent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit