Why the Memorial partaker numbers have gone up...

by undercover 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That would not explain the magnitude of the increase. Countries that are now able to report did not add 10% to the total number of witlesses during each of the past two years, yet that's how much the partakers increased by.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    That would not explain the magnitude of the increase. Countries that are now able to report did not add 10% to the total number of witlesses during each of the past two years, yet that's how much the partakers increased by.

Absolutely, obviously, right. Just which countries suddenly started reporting in the past 2 years, anyway? That had literally hundreds of annointed that nobody knew about in 2007??? I think that this is, as mentioned above, a sign that the WTBTS is losing some of their tight control over the rank & file. The motivation for dubs to do this, IMHO, is congregational and organizational prestige.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

The decision to partake at their memorial for a JW is one of the few remaining areas where one can excersise free choice on a fairly important (to them) issue.

It makes sense that because of the high control nature of the cult in almost every area of a JW's life that some would break the mould so to speak and partake.

However in my old hall people who were new partakers were labelled as "mentally unstable" and "perhaps mistaken" or "not genuine anointed".

These descriptions and negativity filter down from the top because these ones present a big problem for which they actually had to alter doctrine (2007 wt) to accomodate.

It's an area they will try to control and perhaps close of the doctrinal wormhole they have now opened. Watch the tower on this one.

Matt

• JWoods
    JWoods
    It's an area they will try to control and perhaps close of the doctrinal wormhole they have now opened. Watch the tower on this one.

I agree - they will have to do something about this if it continues. Probably first, a series of WT study articles on why you should not be deluded into thinking you are annointed.

This will likely not work - for the reason that a person who newly partakes does not want to admit that they were a phony.

Next, a letter to the BOE on "not counting questionable partakers in the report".

Later, regardless of how embarrassing it would be, I would not be surprised to see them just quit reporting the number of partakers.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Nothing shuts down bullshit claims better than asking for details. Oh, so the countries under ban are now reporting huh? Which ones? How many? Studies have shown the New World Translation is the most accurate of all? Which studies? When were they done? How many were done? It was on Jeopardy? Which episode? When?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Elders already meet with new partakers to determine whether they should be counted or not. I know of an instance of this personally. If the person gives a fair accounting of his/her calling with a level head and a humble demeanor, they count him/her.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Elders already meet with new partakers to determine whether they should be counted or not. I know of an instance of this personally. If the person gives a fair accounting of his/her calling with a level head and a humble demeanor, they count him/her.

And the judgement will likely be toughened up if these numbers keep growing out of control. Rather interesting that non-annointed elders are deemed worthy to judge whether an annointed party is "real" or not.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Because JW's are reading the Book of Revelation (in the Bible) rather than the Revelation Book (from the WTS)!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit