Why the Memorial partaker numbers have gone up...

by undercover 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

...well, as was explained to me anyway.

Since countries that were previously under ban are now able to report, this has resulted in the partaker numbers to go up.

um, yeah...

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

I thought the same thing.

Shouldn't it be 8000 down to 5000 instead of 8000 to 11,000?

Judge Dread

• leavingwt
  • Heaven
    Heaven

LOL! In other words... < insert inane reason here! >

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The Governing Body, rushing to explain things!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ask them for a copy of the numbers from the various countries and show where the increased numbers have come from countries previously under band... and how previous non-band countries DID NOT GO UP.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Since countries that were previously under ban are now able to report, this has resulted in the partaker numbers to go up.

Since about 1962??? What countries could not report - the yearbooks have always had reports for nearly every active country. That is BS of the finest order.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

That could have explained the increase if this was the early 1990s when bans were lifted in the old soviet union and some african countries. It doesn't wash with me now though!

• undercover
    undercover
    Ask them for a copy of the numbers from the various countries and show where the increased numbers have come from countries previously under band... and how previous non-band countries DID NOT GO UP.

My immediate reaction was that if the partakers went up anywhere from 15% to 20% in the last couple of years, wouldn't have the total number of JWs gone up about the same percentage?

Of course that's not even taking into account that the numbers have been flat for 20 years while everyone else from that pre-1935 generation has been dying off. Instead of the numbers flattening it should have been dropping exponentially (if I'm using that term correctly). So even if you added a few partakers from other countries not previously counted, any increase should have been a 1 or 2% increase, not a double digit percentage increase.

• undercover
    undercover
    That could have explained the increase if this was the early 1990s when bans were lifted in the old soviet union and some african countries. It doesn't wash with me now though!

Funny you mention the USSR. That was one that was mentioned...as if the USSR brand of communism just collapsed in the last couple of years...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit