Was You a Bethelite, Elder,CO, DO, GB, Publisher, Missionary,Ministerial Servant or Pioneer class?????

by Scott77 80 Replies latest social relationships

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

i was baptised at 14 (only because I wanted to pioneer and they kept asking from the stage "what's holding you back??" and the only thing holding me back was baptism....) I auxillary pioneered off and on when my parents "let" me until I went full-time pioneer at the age of 18. Made it two and a half years and would have kept going if it weren't for the classy elders meeting in which they informed me that there was no way I would make my time that service year (which would have made my second year in a row for failing to meet the time requirement) and then "suggested" I should step off the list...followed by the question "what do you think?"......as if me saying "nah, I think I'll stick it out another year, but thanks!" would have been an actual option.

after that I became very bitter and required several years of time to get to the point where I could even contemplate auxillary pioneering again.

to this day, I still believe the elders handled the situation completely wrong.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

15 years as an elder, including a couple as an Aposta-Elder after I had my awakening.

Recently faded

I too ignore them now.

Life is very good now

The Oracle

• smiddy
    smiddy

I auxillary pioneered a couple of times ,was a ministeriall servant for a few years though never wanted to make the jump to elder.Yet I was encouraged to do so on numerous occasioins .My philosophy was to stay in the middle ,not be a leader, nor be a tail ender,hence a middle roader.(what`s that say about me eh?)

smiddy

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Former MS, but thankfully, Jah has NEVER left my side.

Men, or a group of them, will NEVER determine my relationship with God..............NEVER.

Judge Dread

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

let me try and remember, I have been:

at assemblies a sweet counter attendant, cleaner, security, counted the cash, car park attendant & general attendant.

at the KH a mic runner, cleaning, book room assistant & publisher (crappy title), watchtower reader (once), attendant.

in about 5 congregations i was mic runner I never once commented, & no one ever talked to me about it.

never been a pioneer (so happy about that, never had the urge), ms, elder, etc thank god

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

MS for 10 years-Book study conductor-Public talks-Accounts/magazine /sound ---lost and found department during Conventions.......since there were few Bros in our area there were lots of things to do

• zoiks
    zoiks

MS twice , aux. pioneer several times, many public talks.

Someone needs to make up a dance called The Fade....

• blondie
    blondie

Not many choices for women:

aux pio

reg pio

Bethelite

Missionary

unless you count

CO's wife

DO's wife

GB's wife

elder's wife

MS wife

I was an unofficial MS assistant doing

posting time

school schedule and slips

inventorying literature/mags

setting up territory cards

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

TruthExplorer..

I'm very happy for you that things have worked out ...after over 30 years of service with a lot of suffering and injustice I came out of there crippled and abandoned. It very nearly killed me ...honestly ...I have given enough of my life to that Org and all they have done is continually reaffirm that they are wrecking families and lives all over the world...I cant possibly believe that's what Jehovah God approves of...thats not the God I know and love...they are giving him such a bad name...

If I value the life that God has given me even a fraction...I have to stay away from that negative and cruel environment.

I wish you well.. watch your back.

Loz x

• Think About It
    Think About It

In the org. about 16 yrs, MS for 1.5 yrs, Elder for 9 yrs, resigned and shortly thereafter left in 95'. Haven't been back or read literature since.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit