Giving Up Smoking

by ballistic 75 Replies latest jw friends

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    and bitter you're too young to smoke...

someone should have told me this 6-7 years ago, when i started. ick! definately time to quit.

lol, funny post andi!

• ballistic
    ballistic

ok, thats one day without smoking, going to bed now. Hopefully it will get easier each day.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

YAY balli!!!!!! good for you hun! keep it up

• ballistic
    ballistic

cheers, I can't believe it myself but I'm still going!

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

yeehaw! 2 days balli, that's great! can't wait for tomorrow's post

• Will Power
    Will Power

ballistic
    I caved last saturday. Now I have to start again. Gonna make it Monday morning.
    Its true DON'T GIVE IN NO MATTER WHAT, NOT ONE PUFF
    But don't read this cause A friend of mine kept giving me this advice and the more I read the more I wanted one, then I did now I regret it.
    At least this time I went long enough to realize that I like NOT smoking more than the other way round.

Are you gonna do anything with the money you're savin'? My aunt bought herself a fur coat!

• termite 35
    termite 35

hope you had a good nights sleep Ballistic;i used to smoke in my dreams and wake uo gagging for ANOTHER one!Youve done it before, youll do it again! no problem;just
    1.dont go to the pub
    2.get pissed
    3.get depressed
    4.break up with anyone
    5.do all above at the same time
    there!sorted;AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
    I'M 3 YEARS and not doing badly;i run now too...you cant run and smoke,it tends to interfere with the breathing process! and running gives a GOOD endorphin buzz,good luckxxx

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

hey ballistic!

good job! just found this post. wanted to add my 2 cents worth. ive read that coffee (i think its more than just the caffine) should be stopped too until you are past the rough times. theres some chemical reaction between the nicotine and the caffine and whatever else and can make it hard to quit. so if you drink coffee its best to give that up for a short while. as well as any caffinated drinks. just to be safe. and as someone mentioned, drink lots of water. actually, if at all possible, double your water consumtion. but be ware of your potassium levels. cause when you flush out your system you can lose alot of potassium. you might want to take a supplement or just increase your potatoe/banana/ect intake. you will know that your potassium is off if you have mental fatigue and difficulty concentrating. i talk of personal experience of potassium level problems. DISCLAIMER: im not a doc or anything like that. just someone whos friends have been thru stuff like this.

sending positive thinking and strength your way to help you thru this! you can do this!

Kat
    Wounded Heart

Love by giving to & accepting others unconditionally = true, pure love

"When in doubt, do the loving thing." ~ 8yr old "Pirate"

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Hi Ballistic,

I'm proud of you. I've heard that nicotine is more addicting than heroin.

I've been free of that monkey now for 6 or 7 years. They say when you can't remember when you quit you are truly free of it. I can remember the date (Oct 21) but I can't remember the year so I'm almost there.

It took a cancer scare to get me to quit. Luckily everything is fine.

When I was going through the throws of the first three weeks of life without cigarettes I used to tell my self that "no matter what it takes" I'm going to quit this nasty, stinky, habit. Not "if I can" or "I'm going to try". It started to get easier after I got through that time period. I told everyone that I had quit ....that helped me because I didn't want to look like a horses behind if and when I started again. I also took the attitude that "if I didn't have em I couldn't do em". I threw out all my ash trays and asked my husband to please take All his cigarettes with him (he still was smoking but has since quit)and didn't have any at home to temp me. Work had recently gone smokeless and I stayed inside. I had the support of a great boss who let me chew gum till my jaws were sore and who told me constantly that I was now a non-smoker (thank you Edwina).

In the end, it was up to me and I'm sure glad I did it.

I was recently talking to someone at work and they reeked of stale tobacco. I needed a clothes pin for my nose. I'm so glad I don't smell like that anymore.

I thought maybe my experience might help you.

YOU CAN DO IT....you just need to make up you mind and keep your word to yourself.

Sunny

• COMF
    COMF

Go for it, ballistic! I quit on February 1st four years ago and have never looked back. Nowadays when my friends smoke around me it doesn't even occur to me that I could have one, too. I'm accustomed to not smoking and I love it this way. I can run up several flights of stairs now--used to get out of breath just walking up to the second floor. Note that this breathy endurance also manifests itself in the bedroom...

Amen to what somebody said about white teeth and fresh breath. You'll be pleased at the pleasant reaction in women you meet. :)

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit