Have you ever won anything? In a raffle, lottery, etc?

by restrangled 53 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I won freedom via the filing of a dissolution (divorce) petition.

Hey, I forgot to put that on my prize list too!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

For real though. We have "Tim Tam" chocolates I bought multiple packs to win a new car or holiday etc....I bought and ate and handed out ALOT of chocolate and sent in the Tokens.....and WON! I won a Tim Tam cooler bag full of chocolate TIM TAMS!!!!!!!! Like 20-30 packs!

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Nope.

But you can bet if I EVER won the mega millions, I'd roll up at the hall in the brightest, loudest, and most gawdy italian sports car I can find. There are probably two to three people I'd like to flash my newly found 'booty' in their face. Other than that, I'd fall out of sight quietly.

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

Yes I have. In 1987 I won a brand new 4WD suburu legarcy. It was an AFS raffle the ticket was 50 cents and I sold the car for NZ$15,000. I lived for nearly 2 years in England including a 6 month stint in Africa. This was a lot of dollars back then. It changed my life.

I have also won a Harrods huge christmas hamper complete with all the bozze and goodies inside. A colour TV. I figured that buy not buying raffle tickets when I was a child that I saved my luck up and won as an adult.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Wow, there are some really big winners on this thread!

You all must have great Karma.

r.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, I kept the turkey.

I didn't feel quite up to explaining why I didn't celebrate Thanksgiving.

It never made sense to me.

Sylvia

Mrs. Jones!

• blondie
    blondie

The biggest prize I won was the freedom and peace of mind when I cut all ties with the WTS 9 years ago. Free at last.

• oompa
    oompa

yes...oompa

• four candles
    four candles

I have won a guitar,gig tickets(twice),records,vouchers and 2 lots of £90 on the UK lottery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit