Other Religions use the Name JEHOVAH too

by UnDisfellowshipped 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Back to the thought of the O/P...... This from Wikipedia

"Rastafari refer to their beliefs, which are based on a specific interpretation of the Bible, as "Rastalogy". Central is a monotheistic belief in a single God—referred to as Jah—who partially resides within each individual. The former emperor of Ethiopia, Haile Selassie, is given central importance. Many Rastas regard him as an incarnation of Jah on Earth and as the Second Coming of Christ. "

There are an awful lot of Bible literate Rastas in London

• Simon
    Simon

Religious people are spammy idiots who like to preach to others because it makes them feel better about themselves as though they 'know something special'. They always throw in random scripture references as though it backs up what they are saying when it's all just BS.

The book of Simon, Chapter 8, verse 16.

• snakeface
    snakeface

Yes, I left in 2008 or so and have since become a Baptist. We use the King James Bible which uses Jehovah in several places. Our pastor uses Jehovah frequently and it is in many of our hymns.

The Watchtower led me to believe that no one else uses or even knows about the Divine Name, and that no one else reads/studies the bible as much as they do. Now I know the opposite is true. We also talk about seeking first the kingdom.

I've also visited some non-denominational churches that are primarily African-American and found that they frequently use Jehovah quite a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit