Other Religions use the Name JEHOVAH too

by UnDisfellowshipped 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Here is the thing, NO ONE made a big deal about using ONE of God's name, until the JW's did.

THEY made a bifg deal about using to ONE name of God, the CORRECT name of God, the PERSONAL name of god, to a point that, unless you use it, you are not in the truth hence your salvation is at stake !

And yet they admit that Jehovah is NOT the correct name but is good enough because it is popular !!

Seriously !!

I can understand if they chose the term "Jah", at least that is recored in Revelation, but to admit the error and say it doesn't matter and then say it matters to use it.

What a mind hump !

• sweet
    sweet

of course other religions use the name of Jehovah. But it's of what they do with the name is what's important. It's nothing new that other religions use the name of Jehovah. Because the name of Jehovah has been known for years...decades...milleniums...you name it...

Do various religions truly understand what the name of Jehovah means?

Do they know why they are saying his name?

I honestly have not heard of Jehovah until i came into contact with jws when i was a child. I honestly have not heard much of religions saying anything about his name til jws have used it and have been growing strong...so perhaps because of the growth of jws...and that jws have been going from house-to-house and everywhere they can catch someone who's willing to listen...and that the various religious church-goers ask their pastor or whoever about Jehovah and such...perhaps that's the reason why various religions use the name of Jehovah now these days..

• QuestForThruth
    QuestForThruth

Jah

Freemason

Kaballah Qaballah Cabala in the sephiroth Jehovah is the third level or something like that

Kaballah

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Other religions use Jehovah in the same way as the JWS do and that of course to bring some

sense of relevance and validity to themselves.

Religions have to set forth a commercial appealing aspect to the their organization

just like any other business.

( We truly are connected to god unlike those other religions, who in case you don't know are false religions )

The WTS. or JWS are one of the biggest bashers of other religions, only to set themselves up as the one and only true religion

• angel_90
    angel_90

Wow.

Why would you even consider posting something so pointless as this?

The JWs have been trying to get people to realize that Jehovah is the true name of God derived from centuries old Bibles and other biblical documents that religions have altered or hidden in order to make the JWs look foolish. The fact is, check out any book at a library (if you are smart enough to read, considering you seem to be able to write out dumb topics) and see for yourself. Don't keep being brain-dead, people. I looked it up in at least a dozen documents, bible dictionaries and what not. And guess what I found out?

It is a fact that bibles and churches have altered the Bible to THEIR liking, to fit THEIR views and needs, have hidden the name JEHOVAH or rather Yahwah with oh yes the msot popular of worldly bible's names for God "LORD" lol.

Of course when I read it I could believe it, considering the only reason other religions abol;ish the JWs is because they are so scared that everybody will put their heads on straights or dig their heads out of their butts and realize huh wow yeah JEHOVAH is the true name of God. :)

For anybody of any religion to argue this with anybody of whatever origin or religion is a fool. The JWs do NOT profess to be the only religion to only use Jehovah's anme in their work. Please, religions didn it for centuries considering the original REAL bible documents contained the anme JEHOVAH (obviousely it was Yahwah or whatever in hebrew and greek form) but it was always JEHOVAH from beginning to end, so that's why you still see it in several bibles today, because well eyah hello it's always been there, people jsut never look things up for themselves.

I know, it's hard work, but pelase before you post on matters ylou know nothing about, please please please get your facts straight next time. You people who contradict the JWs have enough time to put them down and find their faults but you don't see any of your own faults, how pathetic.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah thats what they do. they claim that no other religions use jehovahs name. ive been to a buncha churches after leaving the cult trying to find one that fits me well. meaning the music is good and the pastor keeps me awake with good sermons that actually are from the bible. where you get a warm friendly atmosphere the moment you walk in the door. i have found several churches that fit those critera but unfortunately then i end up moving somewhere else for work or such.

i can firmly name at least half a dozen of the churches i have been to have used jehovahs name regularly in their sermons and in their worship music so you can stack that up with these same churches who consider themselves to be part of the body of christ. meaning they work with other churches even different denominations all over the world. so they are helping people in other countries. you know......... another thing the wt cult claims that only they do. world wide brotherhood monopoly......... yeah my bum lol.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Most evangelical Christian teachers use the name Jehovah, including Charles Stanley, Joel Osteen, Adrian Rogers and numerous other well known pastors...

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Angel 90,

It is not really a "conspiracy" to remove the Divine Name from the new Bible Translations, considering the fact that there are footnotes in every Bible in verses such as Exodus 3:14-15 which explain that the Divine Name is YHWH or JHVH and that it is probably pronounced Yahweh.

However, even if it were a conspiracy, the New World Translation is equally as guilty, actually more guilty, of tampering with the Divine Name by inserting it in the Greek Scriptures hundreds of times where it does not appear in the Greek Manuscripts at all.

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped

• Markus
    Markus

Many misunderstandings. Many targets with obvious bias and prejudice against Jehovah's Witnesses. There is one outstanding and vigorously and solid truth about why and how one finally admits and testifies to fully believing (from knowing) that he and she are of God's only people on Earth. I have visited a handful religious buildings in my life. I listen to Catholic Radio habitually. I read many religions. Watch their videos. So, yes, I do extensive study and research. We can debate on the Jesus statement to Peter "I will build my rock..." since the logical evidence is that Peter was simply an symbolism for ALL the apostles, or as 'little rocks', and the True Christians who would come in time, and Jesus being referred to in the New Testament as the ONLY foundation and cornerstone, yet Catholics say otherwise--that todays popes are direct descendants (not by blood nor was he [Peter] "pope" nor a "bishop") of Peter, we must come to an understanding that makes sense. After all is said and done, Jehovah's Witnesses explain REASONABLY (intellectually) whatever it is many attempt to degrade them on, whether its on the Peter and Rock matter, the name Jehovah, etc., but most simply Choose to ignore their sound views. So, what I have seen is that one major outstanding characteristic or quality Jehovah's Witnesses have is that they Really are "free" from world entanglement so are they are free from lies and deceit. Knowing the Truth sets them free. Intellectually, they are the only ones who are free. 'When you know the truth, the truth will set you free' - John 8:32. But most today are as the sadducees, pharisees, etc., of Jesus' and his apostles time, that they had known who Jesus was but continued to refuse and make excuses. Its time, it really is, to put aside our biases and prejudices, our ignorance and arrogance, and seek the Truth and gain real hope for salvation and everlasting life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit